He stayed

800 years ago...

Seungmin was on his way to Hyunjin's room to make sure he was eating when he got startled by a certain witch waiting at the corner.

-Shouldn't you be with sir Changbin?

-Shouldn't you be next to the King?

-Be careful of what are you saying, Seungmin frowned his eyebrows.

-Do you know what's the worst thing of being a witch? Felix made a few steps forward. Hearing everyone's thoughts instead of your own, moving things without realising and feeling when the energy is being drawn-out of someone.

Some chairs started shaking, scaring Seungmin.

-And right now... Your beloved king has none.

Seungmin froze in his place for a second.

He ran to the King's bedroom and got out of there in a minute yelling for help.

Jisung was in the garden, crouched down to admire the lilies.

Suddenly a figure made its way to the prince, holding a thornless red rose in his hand.

Jisung looked up and saw Minho smiling at him.

He took the rose without saying a thing. He twirled it between his fingers while staring at it with nostalgia. It reminded him of the moment he met Minho for the first time.

-What brings you here, my dear Knight? Jisung finally spoke.

-I want to talk about something important with you, my prince, Minho sat down on the grass.

-I'm listening.

-I thought about it thoroughly. I have never been in love before. My only friend was Changbin and I never knew how love manifests. Maybe I panicked when I saw you getting ready to be engaged to the prince of the Liliac Kingdom...or maybe that was the trigger I needed to wake me up. I recalled all the memories we made from the moment you found me laying on the grass that day. You welcomed me in the castle as I was part of the family. You helped my mother and me. You allowed me to stay by your side all this time and never doubted me once. Even when I rejected you, I was still welcomed and loved by you. I thought about it and it hurt. It hurts so much, he said placing his hand on his chest, right where the hearts was. I want to know if this is love. I want to know if my feelings are love. How can I know?

-Would you die for me? Jisung asked placing his hand on Minho's cheek.

-Without a second thought, he replied kissing his hand.

-Then you are a loyal Knight. Would you stay by my side?

-An eternity, he said kissing Jisung's forehead.

-Then you are a good citizen. Would you cry for me?

-The moment you dissappear from my sight is the moment I will consider myself a dead man. Is this what they call love? Minho asked before leaning into a kiss.

Their lips finally touched, thousand of shivers being sent through both their bodies.

Minho put his hands on Jisung's waist, holding him close to his own body.

After they parted, Jisung kept his gaze down, his face catching a shade of red.

-Now I know, Minho smiled.

-I'm still promised to someone else, Jisung finally looked at Minho.

-Is there a way we can stop the wedding?

-I have to find one. However, pursuing my father to give up on his brilliant idea won't be easy.

-Jisung! Seungmin rushed to them and took a moment to steady his breath again.

With tears in his eyes and his clothes all wrinkled, he didn't even care if Minho was right next to them.

-Jisung, I'm sorry... He's gone, he said with a trembling lip.

Jisung's whole world crumbled when he heard the news.

He rushed to the King's bedroom where three doctors were standing next to the bed, with their heads bowed down.

-Jeongin?

-I'm sorry, Your Highness... We couldn't save him. He died in his sleep.

Jisung fell on his knees, next to the bed and held his father's cold hand.

He broke into an ugly cry, letting some painful screams.

Seungmin kneeled down next to him and hugged him from behind.

The King was gone. Jisung's father was gone.

But the most terrifying thing was the thought of Jisung being crowned as the new king.

Minho waited patiently in the garden for Jisung to return.

When the latter came, after an hour, his eyes were red and swollen.

-What happened?

Jisung didn't reply. He was too shaken up.

He kneeled down in the dirt and started picking up some black roses.

Minho placed his hand on his shoulder and looked at him in expectation.

-My father passed away, he finally said it out loud.

-What?

-He died in his sleep. The doctors couldn't do anything, he wiped his tears with his sleeve.

-I'm so sorry, Jisung! Minho hugged the younger.

Jisung buried his face in the older's chest and continued to cry.

-It's too much, Minho. I'm an orphan now. Tomorrow I have to bury my father and in two days I have to claim the crown. And the wedding... Now if I refuse to marry, the blame will be on my head. I have the fate of this Kingdom in my hands now. How am I supposed to do this?

Minho's chest squeezed hearing the pain and the desperation in Jisung's voice.

It was true. Jisung was just 18 years old. He didn't know what to do. And there was no relative left to take the crown.

He was the heir. He was the one to rule.

Minho had the choice to give up on it if he considered overwhelming, but he stayed. He stayed by Jisung's side.

Cause Jisung needed him more than ever.