Transience

Present

-What's wrong? Hyunjin jumped awake when he felt Seungmin shifting in the bed. Hey, baby! What happened? Why are you crying? he cupped Seungmin's wet cheeks and wiped with his thumbs the burning tears.

-I had a nightmare...

-About what?

-Everyone was dead. Everyone left me, Seungmin said with a cracked voice.

Hyunjin froze in his place.

That wasn't a dream. That was a memory.

-It's alright, he squeezed his boyfriend at his chest. I am right here. I won't ever leave you again. Seungmin nodded, enjoying the warmth of Hyunjin's body.

-I wanna see Jisung, he said in a whisper.

-Ok. Let's go see him, Hyunjin took him by the hand and walked barefoot on the cold floor.

It was the middle of the night, but no one in that house was sleeping.

-I think you should go, Minho said while playing with Jisung's hair.

-But we will be on different continents, Jisung replied, sitting on the bed, his head on Minho's lap.

-It's your dream, Jisung. You have to make sacrifices. I don't wanna hold you back.

-But you stayed here for me. I can't leave you! I-

Minho shut him up with a kiss. He was looking at him with such loving eyes.

-I am happy if I know you are happy. It doesn't matter how far you are. I won't think of anyone else but you. I believe in you, Jisung. I believe you can do greater things. I wanna see you on big stages. And after you get a taste of the fame... if you happen to remember your old boyfriend, give me a call, alright?

-We have 2 weeks left...

-The beauty of life is that it doesn't last forever. Its transience. Our relationship is the same. I cherish you even more because of the limited time.

-Doesn't it make you sad? Jisung asked seeing the smile on Minho's face.

-No. Because our relationship is ending, but our love is endless. You cannot put boundaries to it. Not even time itself can.

Jisung stood up and looked into Minho's soft eyes.

-I love you, Minho! I will come back for you, he said taking the latter's hands in his own.

-I know you will.

He wanted to lean in for a kiss when a knock disturbed them.

-Hyunjin? What do you want? Minho said sulking.

-Not me, hyung.

Seungmin walked on his tippy toes towards the bed and hugged Jisung without a warning.

Minho looked at them confused before Hyunjin revealed a sad smile.

Jisung didn't know how to react. He hugged back, feeling the vibration of Seungmin's trembling body.

-I'm right here, little brother, Jisung patted Seungmin on the head which made the latter tear up more, his hands clinging harder to the material of Jisung's pajama.

-What did I miss? What did I miss?

Jeongin heard mumbling from Felix's room, so he went to check up on him.

He opened the door wide and saw again the silhouettes of their past selves projecting on the walls.

-Felix?

-Jeongin! Be my eyes, please! I can see tones of gray, but can't tell apart faces.

-Sure. What are you looking for?

-Something to break the curse before Jisung and Minho receive their deaths. There must be something that I missed.

-You said Jisung and Seungmin became dictators, right? Isn't that gonna repeat too?

-You're right... What if they turn like that too? I have to fix that too, Felix put his hands on his temples in desperation.

-Felix, breathe! Jeongin crawled onto the bed.

-I don't get it, Jeongin... Why did you remember? Why does Hyunjin remember? Why the others can't? What did I do wrong?

-You tried to revive my memories with magic, remember? Maybe bringing up a near-death experience plus your magic, can wake us up.

-But that won't work. Seungmin died of old age. We can't wait until he gets old.

-Felix, what happened before I woke up?

-We all gathered at the hospital. I mean... Me, Jisung, Changbin hyung and Minho hyung came to see you and Chan and Seungmin and Hyunjin arrived there after. We were all there at the same time. But it doesn't make sense. We are all in this house at the same time. What was so special at that time?

Jeongin furrowed his eyebrows, then did a quick search online.

-You said Minho's house was the castle, right? And the garden was where our graves were.

-Yes, that's right.

Jeongin quickly took a sheet of paper from the desk and drew a map.

-Felix...

-What? What did you find?

-If the Lee mansion is built on the castle's ruins, the hospital must be built on...

-On what?

-On the border between the Kingdom of Roses and the Liliac Kingdom.

-The place where I was burned alive, Felix's mouth opened in amaze.

-And where you cast the spell. We looked at it wrong. We don't need to avoid history. We need to repeat it.

-We need to go back there. All of us. So I can hit everyone with my magic.

-We've made it! Jeongin smiled, hugging Felix tightly.

-We did it!

_________________________________
Sorry if it's bad!
I'm sorry for updating like this, but University keeps me busy, especially with double work, cause I do two languages (English and Italian).

I will try harder, I promise!

Thank you so much for reading!