Cursed...

800 years ago...

-Where are we going? Jeongin asked being dragged by the hand by Chan.

-The stables.

-Why.

-I want you to show me around here.

They took a horse each and started racing through the plain.

-You beat me again. How is that possible? Chan asked smiling.

-What? You don't think a commoner can ride faster than Your Highness? Jeongin raised an eyebrow.

-I took lessons before I could even walk, so it's hard to believe someone can be better than me. Who taught you? Your father?

Jeongin's smile faded slowly, signaling Chan that he just tickled a sensitive subject.

-My uncle did. I don't have parents.

-I'm sorry, Chan said feeling guilty for bringing it up.

-It's alright. You didn't know. Besides, Seungmin is way better than me. He is the best at horse riding.

-Then I must challenge him in a race, Chan replied. Will you cheer for me?

-Not really. I am on Seungmin's side. I am betting all my inexistent fortune on him.

-Well, it won't be inexistent when we will marry, Chan kissed Jeongin's hand.

-Please don't say this, Your Highness... We both know this is just a temporary thing. You are engaged with the prince and I will never be worthy of spending the rest of my days with you.

-Jeongin, I can make it happen. If we hold on to it-

-Chan! Jeongin snapped at him. Everything is against us right now.

-But-

-No but. You know very well the consequences of such relationships, Jeongin sighed before going ahead.

Chan went after him and suddenly saw Jeongin's horse getting scared. Jeongin fell off, hurting his back.

-Jeongin! Chan ran to him all worried.

-I'm alright. You don't need to worry.

-Of course I worry! Jeongin, when will you understand that I love you? Do you want me to scream to my people this? Because I can. I am actually eager to do it.

-Please don't scream, Jeongin stopped the older.

-Are you sure you can walk?

-Yes. I am a doctor. I know what I can do and not, Jeongin replied harshly, making Chan sadden.

Jeongin took Chan's hand and made him look in his eyes.

-I'm sorry... I am trying to stay away from you as fast as I can. Until it's too late.

-It's already too late for me, Chan cupped the younger's waits.

-I think it is for me too, Jeongin said sheeding a tear.

Chan closed the distance with a kiss in witch he put all his heart and love.

They knew their fates were sealed. But they needed to enjoy that moment. Maybe one of the few that they had left.

-Chan...

-Yes, Jeongin?

-There is something you need to know.

-What it is?

-The King is dead. Prince Jisung will take the throne and that means you need to marry him earlier. If you say no, your parents will attack our kingdom and prince Jisung's head will fall first.

Chan was taken aback by the amount of information.

Instead of crying, he hugged Jeongin tightly, kissing him on the top of his head.

The King's funeral was a close event. No one knew when it took place.

He was buried in the cemetery, next to the queen and the only present people were the priest, Jisung, Hyunjin and Seungmin.

Jisung had cried enough, so not a single tear streamed down his face when he saw the two graves now together.

Seungmin, however, cried all the time. He held Jisung's hand and buried his face in Jisung's embrace after breaking down.

Hyunjin was there for both of them. He knew Seungmin loved the king since he was raised in the castle, so he didn't question his reactions.

Jisung placed a bouquet of black roses on the grave and stared at it for a while.

Hyunjin kneeled down in front of it as a sign of respect.

Seungmin brought a candle to light it up when Jisung grabbed him by the wrist.

-Bring two.

-But Hyunjin-

-Two, Jisung demanded.

Seungmin nodded and brought another one, then out them on the grave.

-Why are there two candles? Hyunjin asked.

-Because I say so, Hyunjin, Jisung replied sternly.

After the funeral, Seungmin remained behind to pay the priest.

-Thank you for your service! he bowed giving him the pay.

-How can the prince tolerate you?

Seungmin didn't raised his sight, afraid of crying in front of the man that left him in front of the castle to die.

-You bring only bad luck. Look at the king! You are such a cursed child. Evil lies in you. I told your mother to throw you in the river. She didn't listen. You killed her. My only daughter...

-I didn't kill her, Seungmin's voice broke.

-She jumped because of you!

-She didn't! Seungmin covered his ears with his hands. Shut up, old hag!

-Not even God can save you, child. Do us all a favour and die before you cause any more harm. Prince Jisung will become king tomorrow because of you. You ruined his life like you ruined everyone's. Hope you don't wish any kind of hapiness because you don't deserve it.

-How can you say that? I am your own blood!

-You're a bastard! And now an orphan... Get out of my sight, you disgusting pathetic child!

Seungmin ran away, trying to calm himself down.

He crunched down and leaned on a breek house, trying to contain his tears.

Life wasn't fair for him... It has never been. Maybe he was cursed...