Let's talk

Present

-Felix hyung, if it didn't work with Seungmin hyung, what makes you think it will work with me? Jeongin asked afraid for his life and, most importantly, for his brain.

-Relax, Innie. It will be quick. I need to try again. I'm running out of time.

-Fine, Jeongin shut his eyes up in expectation.

Felix tried the same spell on Jeongin, but put more power in it, which didn't work quite well.

-Ahhh! Hyung, stop it! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts!

Felix stopped and heard Jeongin couching blood on the parquet.

-Are you alright? he asked concerned.

He couldn't see in what state was the younger, only hear him couching.

-Yeah...Jeongin said panting. Why are you so obsessed with bringing our memories back?

-Because...Jisung doesn't love Minho and Seungmin avoids Hyunjin. Something is not adding up. The last time they lost their partners, the brothers started massacres. I don't wanna see the evil brothers again taking form in this world. They need Minho and Hyunjin for balance.

-Evil? You told me they were princes at the castle.

-Yes, but once they took the crown, they became dictators.

-I'm sorry I can't do more for you, hyung, Jeongin got up from the floor.

-It's alright, Innie. I will go in the garden and practice again. I can't give up now.

-Do you want me to help you get there?

-No. I learned the steps. I can do it my own.

-Alright. I have something to do too, Jeongin added with a sad smile that Felix couldn’t see.

Felix went in the garden, under the willow tree and started lifting leaf after leaf with his magic.

He was still weak and time was running fast.

What if their death were meant to repeat themselves? What if something terrible will happen to them one by one? What if....

-Felix?

The latter froze in his place when he heard his name.

-You must really like this place, Changbin sat down next to the freckled boy. I can understand why. It's really quiet.

Felix didn't say a word. He could feel Changbin staring at him, waiting for the slightest interaction, but Felix refused to give it to him.

In the end, Changbin got up and left him alone without saying anything else.

The moment the sound of his sted faded away, Felix broke down in tears, holding his chest with his hands. It was hurting him. As he was pierced right through it.

-I'm sorry! he mumbled through the sniffs, but no one was there to hear him.

-Hey! Innie, what's wrong? You've been avoiding me all morning, Chan grabbed the boy by the wrist.

-We need to talk, Jeongin finally looked at Chan.

-Ok, Chan answered a little scared. Let's talk, he sat down on the grass and patted the spot next to him, signaling Jeongin to sit there.

-I met your mother today, Jeongin said with no censorship.

-What? Chan widened his eyes in fear.

-She gave me money to break up with you.

-And what did you-

-I said no, of course. But...

-But what?

-Maybe she was right. I am holding you back. You can have anyone. Maybe find someone with money and a title. Someone not like me... I think this is the best for-

-Jeongin! Chan cut off the younger. Are you hearing yourself? Someone that is not you? What is that supposed to mean? I love you and no one else!

-But-

-You're not holding me back. You're making me better. So much better. Because of you, I started studying about the company and money. I am planning to do this right, without a marriage of interest or whatever my mom wants. I want you and only you. You are mine and I am yours, alright? Don't let that witch fool you. And whenever you have doubts like this, come and talk to me. We can make it work, Chan said taking Jeongin's hands in his own.

Jeongin nodded and leaned in for a kiss. Their lips touched and Jeongin's cheeks got slowly stained by tears.

-Why are you crying? Chan brushed carefully the bangs off Jeongin's forehead.

-I don't know. I feel lucky to have you, that's all. Chan smiled and wrapped his arms around the younger.

-So what did you want to talk about? Jisung sat down on Minho's bed.

-Jisung, this is pretty serious. Whatever happens, I want you to keep calm, ok? Minho said trying his best to be as gentle with the information as possible.

-You're scaring me, hyung. What's wrong?

-I'm just gonna say it, ok? Straight forward. No hesitation.

-You're hesitating right now.

Jisung got up, noticing how nervous was Minho, and grabbed him by the hands.

-Breathe, hyung! Tell me what's bothering you.

-I think you might have a brother, he blurted out.

-What? It's not you, right? Jisung cringed.

-No! But I know who it is.

-Who?

-Seungmin.

Jisung blinked twice, being left speechless.

-I'm gonna need more information.

-He is your half brother. You have the same father.

-Are you sure?

-I have proof. But I can't be sure until you both accept to take a DNA test.

Jisung nodded and thought about it for a second.

-Did you tell him?

-Not yet.

-Does anyone else know?

-Just Changbin. He was with me when we discovered it. I was afraid to tell you since this can mean your father cheated on your mother. I'm really sorry, Jisung! I didn't wanna ruin your perception on their marriage, but I had to tell you. You deserve to know-

Minho stopped talking when he felt Jisung arms around his body and the younger's chin resting on his shoulder.

-Thank you, hyung! I will talk to Seungmin. You did the right thing.

Minho smiled and buried his face in Jisung's crock of the neck.