My beautiful forbidden fruit

800 years ago...

-Are you alright? Jisung asked Seungmin, arranging his collar.

-Yes, Your Highness. Thank you for your concern!

-Is that obvious? the prince asked with a weak smile.

-He is a witch, Jisung... He knows how to read our minds. All we can do is hope he won't tell anyone.

-I don't like this magic.

-Me neither.

Jisung hugged Seungmin, burying his face into the younger's shoulder. He was gripping tightly of his shirt, afraid to let go.

-You can outcome everything, Jisung. You are the prince. Hold your head high and play your role, Seungmin said patting the boy on the back.

The next day

Minho didn't even got to knock before Jisung opened the door to the gate, pushing with all his strength.

-Good morning, Minho! Jisung greeted, a spark of lights being visible in his eyes.

-Good morning, Your Highness!

Jisung's smile dropped, his mouth curling into a pout.

Minho understood just by Jisung's glance what he did wrong, so he couched awkwardly before correcting himself.

-Good morning, Jisung! he said all red.

Jisung got so excited that he hugged Minho, the latter being unable to react.

Not every day a prince decides to take you in his embrace.

Even tho it lasted no more than a few seconds, Minho's heart skipped a couple of times, making him suffocate into the burning feeling.

-Oh! I have something to show you! Jisung broke the silence, making Minho flinch in surprise.

The younger took his hand and dragged the soldier down the hall to the garden.

All the way there Minho focused on Jisung's little hops while running. He was worried about his ankle.

-How is your leg? he blurted out, dropping the honorifics once again.

-Better. Don't worry! Jisung flashed a reassuring smile.

They both wandered through the garden until they reached the willow tree.

Jisung took the leaves away and reveal a freckled boy resting next to the tree trunk.

-Minho, this is Felix. Son of Ragana. A real witch.

Jisung took and squeezed Minho's hand to calm his excitement.

The older was taken aback by the gesture and his face heated up once again.

-Your Highness! You are being called, Hyunjin announced.

Jisung nodded and ran to him, leaving Minho alone with Felix.

-You better not fall in love with him. The prince is dangerous and I can feel it in my bones.

-Who said something about love? Minho asked confused.

-I see how you look at him. Your gaze never left his side. Don't go far or you will reach the point of no return.

-Felix! You promised me to behave, Changbin said. Minho? You're paying a visit to the prince again?

-You can say that, he replied looking at Jisung who was visible concerned about something while talking to Hyunjin.

-I wish I could bring better news. I'm deeply sorry, Jisung!

Hyunjin felt horrible to be put in the position to communicate Jisung the King's order, but he had no choice.

-When?

-Tomorrow. That's what I heard, at least.

Jisung sighed to calm himself down and put a fake smile on his face.

However, his bottom lip was trembling and his eyes were filling with tears.

-It is my duty... I shall do it.

He walked towards the three boys and not even dared to look at Minho.

-Felix, I might need your help. Sir Changbin, tomorrow I would like to have the army guarding the palace and some of the Knights escorting the prince of the Liliac Kingdom.

-Is there a special event? Changbin asked clueless.

-Indeed. I am getting engaged.

Minho's mouth slightly opened in disbelief.

-By the King's order, of course, Jisung added, gaining everyone's pity.

-Congratulations, your Highness... Changbin bowed, looking at the prince with such sad eyes.

-I sense so much pain from you, Felix said before being dragged away by Changbin.

-Is there any way to refuse? Minho asked.

-No... My life has been decided since birth. Excuse me! he said wanting to go to his room and cry.

However, Minho grabbed his hand before he could leave.

They locked eyes and Minho realised just then what he did.

He didn't know why he did it. His body moved on his own.

-I should probably say that if you never showed interest in me, you would learn to love your future husband, but...that would be beyond cruel, Minho spoke.

-I don't ask for a lover right now, Minho. I ask for a friend, Jisung said on the verge of crying.

-I can do that, he said hugging Jisung.

The latter was left aback. He melted in Minho's warm embrace and let the tears soak the older's shirt.

It felt so safe. He didn't need to show his strength or prove himself when he was with Minho.

He loved his smell, the sound of his beating heart, the way he was resting his chin on top of his head.

He was cursing his heart for choosing him, but he was so happy that he got to meet such a beautiful soul.

Such a shame they weren't meant to be...

In one of the palace's rooms

-Tomorrow? Jeongin's voice cracked.

-My father and the king of Kingdom of Roses agreed without telling us. I have to do it.

-I told you this is wrong. This is the end...

-No! Chan pinned Jeongin to the wall. I'm not giving up on you... My heart belongs to you.

-But starting tomorrow, your future belongs to another man...Jeongin replied, trying to stay strong.

-If you want me to leave, tell me and I will pretend that we never kissed. But if you love me as much as I do, I will fight for us, Chan stated.

-It's for the best for you to leave, Jeongin said holding in his tears.

-Very well, Chan said backing off.

He was about to open the door and exit the room when he felt Jeongin backhugging him.

-Why are you like this, my beautiful forbidden fruit? he said turning to wipe Jeongin's tears.

-How?

-You're playing with my heart. And I love it, he said kissing the younger's nose. We'll make it through. I promise!