The third one

Present

Mister Lee's mansion

-Look everywhere, alright? Minho told his friends after unlocking the front door.

He took a look around and was hit by nostalgia.

-Everything alright? Hyunjin asked putting his arm around his hyung's neck.

-This brings back memories. I haven't been here since the divorce.

-Are you ok with being here?

-Yes, he gave a reassuring smile. I am at peace with dad.

-Cool. I'm proud of you, Hyunjin patted him on the back.

-It should be somewhere upstairs, Jeongin chimed in.

-You know better than us, Changbin made way for the youngest to climb the stairs.

-I'm going with him, Hyunjin told Minho. Search in his office. Maybe you can find some bank history.

-Got it, Minho nodded.

Hyunjin went after Jeongin and entered Mister Lee's room.

He saw a picture of baby Minho on the nightstand and some family pictures hanging on the wall.

-He loved Minho hyung so much, Jeongin suddenly said. When he was under medication, he used to tell me how sorry he is for what he has done. But I understand Misses Lee for not taking him back.

-I have been knowing Minho hyung for so many years. His father was home only twice. Always travelling. Minho never got to connect with him.

-That's why the only photos with his son are the family ones, Jeongin concluded.

-Yeah...

-Changbin, can you help me?

-With what, sir?

-Help me get to the last shelf.

Minho got on Changbin's shoulders and reached some notebooks.

In one of them there were a list of every previous partners of the Lee company before being split up in two at the divorce.

Minho stopped for a moment and blinked repeatedly in disbelief when he saw a familiar name written on the third paragraph.

-No way, he said moving a little.

Changbin lost his balance at the sudden movement and almost fell with the older on the floor.

-What is it, sir?

-Take a look!

Changbin squinted his eyes and saw the name "Kim" written there.

-Sir, there are billions of Kim in Korea. You don't think this is...

-Hold on!

Minho said taking a key and unlocking one wardrobe behind the desk.

-I inherited the bad memory from dad. He was so bad at remembering stuff that one time he even forgot my name. Mom scolded him so bad. Since then he started holding diaries in which he noted everything.

-Ok...Your point is...

-If he had a meeting with this Kim person, he must have noted the details.

After flipping a few pages, Minho stopped at page 56 and started reading out loud the scribbling of his father.

"Today I met Misses Kim. She had an offer to unite our companies, but who is she kidding? She is already in debt. I would be a mad man to accept this collaboration. We talked for a while in my office. I didn 't want to be rude, so I kept listening to her babbling. She must have become too comfortable, cause at some point she slipped the fact that she has a boy. I think the name was Seungmin. I wasn't very interested until she told me about the father. She wasn't married. She said her son was the project of a one night stand in a bar and when she went to tell the guy the good news, he was engaged with another woman. A pregnant woman . Misses Kim understood that her place was nowhere around the Han family and left to raise her son alone. That's a one of a kind story."

Changbin remained speechless while Minho slammed the book closed.

-Isn't it Han Jisung's...

-Family name, Minho cut him off. Yeah...

-Does that mean they are half brothers?

-But he would have told me that.

-Maybe they don't know either.

-Found it! Jeongin said showing Hyunjin the paper.

-Great job, doctor! Now we can go back and you can stop texting Chan hyung every 5 seconds, Hyunjin smirked.

Jeongin became as pale as a ghost in a minute.

-What? How did you-

-I have eyes. I see you two sneak out. He comes for you everyday at hyung's house. I think you should tell Minho hyung tho.

-But it's not serious, I mean...

-It isn't? Cause your cheeks are burning. I don't think you realise how lucky you are to have someone to share this feeling with. Chan hyung loves you so much that is so obvious. And I know you love him too. Don't waste this shot, alright? Hyunjin ruffled Jeongin's hair. You never know what the future brings.

-Hyung, why are you saying this? Jeongin asked uneasy.

-Because I know what happened last night you didn't listen to me, Hyunjin looked at the floor on the verge of crying.

-What exactly do you remember?

-Fragments of...memories, I guess...

-It's like Felix hyung said. You died early, so you are likely to remember.

-Died?

-I think you were the third one, if I remember correctly. Right after Minho hyung...