Earthquake

Present

-So you want me to believe that you are a witch with powers that lived 800 years ago? Jeongin looked at Felix, questioning the boy's sanity.

-I know it sounds impossible, but it's true. You were a doctor in the royal army.

-Sure, Jeongin scoffed. Nice dream. But why are you telling me this? Shouldn't you tell Jisung all of this?

-No, you don't understand! Felix gripped Jeongin's shoulders. You are the one that is more likely to remember. Jisung has no past memory. Maybe Minho, Hyunjin...they may remember, but Jisung won't for sure.

-Look, as a doctor, I advise you to go check yourself, cause you're delusional. Maybe it's caused by a fever or something, he said placing his hand on Felix's forehead to check his temperature.

Felix flinched and stepped back panicked.

-Don't touch me!

He stumbled to the ground and a wave of red power went through the ground causing a powerful earthquake.

The house shook for a few seconds.

A crack on the ceiling made its way to the candelabra detached suddenly.

Jeongin was right under it. He looked up, thinking this was his end.

But Felix reached his hand and stopped it by forming a red dome around Jeongin.

The latter looked at how the glass broke, but didn't touch him.

He couldn't believe his eyes. Magic was real.

Felix made the dome disappear and fell to the ground panting.

-What did you do? Jeongin asked, still not processing everything that happened.

-I'm sorry! Felix said with half of breath. It was my fault. I got carried away. I don't like people touching me, especially when I cannot see.

-How did you know where was the candelabra gonna fall if you can't see?

-I can hear. My other senses are quite evolved. I heard the crack.

-So it's true... Everything you said it's true?

-Yes. I am here to fix it. To give you the life you deserve. And your memories. It's just that... My power faded in time. I have to practice before bringing back your memories or I will risk damaging your brains.

Minho and Chan just arrived from the wedding when they met Hyunjin in the hall.

-Hyung, you're back!

-Is everyone ok? Chan asked genuinely concerned.

-I have a better question. What are you doing in my house, Hyunjin?

-I thought you got used to having me around every day, Hyunjin rubbed his nape.

-Did Seungmin kick you out? Minho looked unamused.

-He went to the kitchen and never came back, Hyunjin sulked.

-That's what I thought, Minho patted his back. Where is Jisung?

-He asked for a ladder. He wanted to take a look at the roof. He saw some ivy growing there.

-Shit! If he was there when the earthquake started, he fell for sure.

Minho rushed to the back of the garden and saw the ladder on the ground.

He went through the bushes and looked in every hole, but found no gardener.

-Jisung?

-Looking for me? a voice said before hitting Minho in the head with a bucket.

Minho turned around and saw Jisung very much alive.

-Why did you hit me?

-Because you thought I was stupid enough to fall into a hole I dug in the ground. Are you serious?

-I was making sure you didn't die. Where were you?

-I worked a little at your curtains. I'm happy to announce that tomorrow I will finish it for sure. Therefore, I won't have to pretend I'm your boyfriend anymore.

-You're really annoying. Because of you, my suit is all dirty, he said taking off his jacket and throwing it in Jisung's face. Wash it!

-It smells better than you, Jisung mocked.

-Then you have cheap tastes, Minho rolled his eyes. And to think I was worried about you, he mumbled to himself while leaving.

-Grumpy old man, Jisung said after he made sure Minho couldn't hear him anymore. I thought he was gonna play along like he always does. I guess he wasn't in the mood for teasing today.

-Jeongin?

The latter heard Chan's voice and helped Felix to get up.

-Are you alright? Chan asked noticing the broken candelabra on the floor. Did you get hurt? he said taking Jeongin's hand and examining.

-I'm alright, hyung.

-Oh, Jisung's friend is in here, Chan said after seeing Felix.

-It's ok. He knows.

-How? Chan raised his eyebrow.

-He heard us. But he won't tell anyone.

-I have to go back to Jisung's room, Felix said putting his hand on the knob. Jeongin, think about it. I will come back to talk to you tomorrow. I really need your help.

After he left, Chan put his hands on Jeongin's hips.

-What was that about?

-Nothing. He wants me to show him around the house, so he won't stumble on everything around here. Why did you guys return so early?

-There were only old people there. What was I supposed to do?

-Well, you look tired. Go get some sleep, Jeongin placed his hand on Chan's cheek.

-Well...If I think about it, Miss Lee did say I can spend the night here if I am too drunk to drive home. Even tho I didn't drink at all, I feel kind of dizzy, he smirked. What do you think, doctor? Should I stay for the night under your supervision?

-Pervert, Jeongin said slapping Chan on the back of his head. You can stay, but don't do anything funny. I will be fired if I sleep with the boss's date. Understood?

-Got it, Chan nodded. We can still cuddle, right?