Are you falling for me?

800 years ago

-You wanted to see me, Your Highness? Chan asked while walking to Jisung.

-Yes! Indeed. The Duke right here came up with a solution for the tension between our Kingdoms and I want the prince of the Liliac Kingdom to express his opinion about it.

-Alright. What plan do you have?

-What if we unite the two Kingdoms and get rid of the boundary? Hyunjin asked Chan with hope in his eyes. Please consider this! he added before Chan could get to say something. If the Bang family becomes the face of Royalty while king Jisung and I take care of the economy and army, we can build up a new land, a superpower of this continent. Our army is far more prepared than yours and Jeongin is the medical power that your Kingdom lacks in. But we don't have a power image of a ruler. Nobody listens to king Jisung the way your people listen to you. Your family is a power on their own. We can build so much more. The villages will finally be out of poverty, the money will be used for schools, churches, houses. We don't need two castles. This could be the begging of a new era of prosperity. What do you think?

-I think you are such a dreamer, Duke, Chan replied with a serious expression on his face.

Hyunjin's excitement vanished in a second.

-Why is that?

-My parents would never accept this offer. You dream big, but you have no power. You just bare a meaningless title. You are just an immigrant that tries to blend with another nation. This is real world, Duke. A war full of war and engagements.

-As yours and the King's? You could have ended the engagement if you accepted my offer.

-This is not gonna happen. Listen to me until it's too late.

-I may not be royal, but I worked so hard to be where I am now, Hyunjin looked right in Chan's eyes. You were born among gold and silver, sir. I was born running from the Kingdom you call home. And I wouldn't change it for anything. My brain is my only quality and I count on it when I say this plan can work. If you dare to dream a little, it can happen. Or you don't want to continue your relationship with the royal doctor.

Chan grabbed Hyunjin by the collar.

-How do you know that?

-I just told you, Your Highness... My brain is everything I have.

Chan let go of Hyunjin who was constantly fixing him with his gaze, afraid to blink.

-Whether you give your blessing, I shall go to the Liliac Kingdom and talk to the King and Queen, Hyunjin stated.

-Good luck then! I warned you, Chan exited the room.

-Are you alright? Seungmin asked coming in Hyunjin's room.

-I am nothing but a pretty face. That's what everyone thinks about me, he said holding his head in his palms.

-That couldn't be further than the truth, Seungmin took a seat next to Hyunjin. You are the smartest person in this palace. Jisung has eternal trust in you. You see the world in so many ways and find solutions to any inconvenience. I have been always admiring you for speaking your mind with no holding back. Your confidence and courage made me look up to you. And fall in love with you, Seungmin finally admitted.

He didn't have anything to lose anyway. The heat of the moment caught him off guard.

-What did you just say? Hyunjin turned his head to look Seungmin in his eyes.

-I apologise for my boldness, Seungmin bowed in a hurry. I couldn't keep it to myself anymore. So many years of internal pain... I just wanted to feel free.

-You love me? Hyunjin asked, lifting Seungmin's chin and forcing he younger to look in his eyes.

-There is no reason to deny it, Seungmin replied, feeling his whole body heating up. Nevertheless, I won't say such foolish things from now on. The ranks are sacred.

-Seungmin!

-Yes? he looked up in fear.

-You are the one with the higher rank, remember? Hyunjin smiled at the cuteness of Seungmin's shocked face. You are the prince.

-Right... That means-

He was cut off by Hyunjin pressing his lips against his own.

The older's hands cupped Seungmin's waist and dragged him closer to his body.

They shared their first kiss...a short kiss, but a kiss that filled Seungmin's heart with hapiness.

-Why are you crying? Hyunjin asked panicked.

-I apologise! I have never encountered such happiness before.

Hyunjin chuckled and kissed the boy again to soothe him.

-I feel something, Felix stopped walking and stared at the sky.

-Is everything alright? Changbin asker worried.

-Prepare yourself for what is to come. It won't end well. I can feel it in my blood. It burns and I hear screams of help and horror. They are begging for mercy. However, they don't ask to be spared. They want to he killed for the misery to stop. They want peace. They want-

-Stop! Changbin grabbed Felix's hand whose eyes were starting to glow red. That is no sure future. It becomes sure when it turns into present. Don't let this eat you alive, he said rubbing circles with his thumb on Felix's back of the palm.

Felix nodded and flashed a short smile that you could have missed if you blinked once.

-Are my eyes playing tricks on me? Did you smile at me? Changbin smirked.

-It must have been an illusion, Felix turned with his back facing Changbin.

-I think not. I saw it clearly. Your smile is beautiful.

-Are you falling for me, Grand Cross Knight?

-Falling for a witch? That would be beyond wrong, Changbin said turning Felix around to look in his eyes.

-It's good to know your place.

-It would have been better to undo the feelings, Changbin smiled sadly.

-I still believe this is not a good idea, Seungmin clinged to Hyunjin's shirt.

-I have to agree here. Prince Chan made himself clear that his parents are not gonna be positive to the offer, Jeongin chimed in.

-If I don't do this, I will be living the rest of my life regretting this.

-And what if you are gonna regret going there? Seungmin asked Hyunjin, his arms placed on the older's chest.

-I will be careful, I promise. Do not worry! Hyunjin cupped Seungmin's face and placed a soft kiss on his forehead. I will leave now. Jisung will join me. Therefore the palace is in your hands.

-Wait! If Jisung is going with you, who is wearing the crown until his return? Seungmin asked clueless.

-You, my prince, Hyunjin kissed Seungmin's hand.

-What? Seungmin asked panicked.

________________________________
Bear with me, guys!
2 more chapters until War Arc begins.

Thank you for reading!