Duel

800 years ago...

-Are you sure you want to do this, your Highness? Minho asked once more to make sure the Prince was serious about their duel.

Jisung took his position, holding his sword in air towards Minho. He was wearing cozy clothes and a scarf was wrapped tight around his waist.

Minho was feeling freely without his armor on, so he could move easier.

Changbin was there to supervise, ready to put an end to the fight in case any of them would get injured really bad.

Seungmin was there to cheer the Prince up and Hyunjin was there as an imparcial witness.

He didn't like at all the idea, so he stayed there with his arms crossed and watched in silence.

At Changbin's signal, they started attacking each other and dodging attacks. It was like a dance for them. Their steps were synchronising perfectly.

Minho was focused on every move, having a serios expression on his face.

Jisung, on the other hand, had pure excitement and hapiness plastered upon his face.

He enjoyed so much playing, especially dueling, which he used to do with his father every day at the time he could barely walk. He even had duels with utensils. That was basically his childhood.

Suddenly, Minho's sword slipped off his hand at the impact with Jisung's. The older fell on the ground, finding himself with the cold blade under his chin.

-I guess we have a winner, Changbin concluded satisfied.

However, Jisung had a dull expression upon his face. He walked away and picked up the sword, then pass it in the air to Minho who catch it by the handle in confusion.

-Get up, he ordered.

-Your Highness, you won already. No need to ashame me once more.

-Get up I said!

Minho obeyed, taking again the fighting position.

But Jisung didn't stop. He kept walking until he reached Changbin. He placed the sword at his neck, staring in his scared eyes.

-Your Highness? Minho asked dumbfounded.

Seungmin wanted to interfere, but Hyunjin stopped him placing his hand on his chest.

-Let him be, he whispered not making eye contact with the royal messenger.

Seungmin nodded in silence, feeling his heart beating fast from the little interaction he just had with the Duke. At least he knew he existed.

-I believe I asked for a fair game, haven't I, 1st Class Commander?

-Yes, your Highness, Minho bent his head down in guilt.

-Have you really thought I wouldn't notice when you lost intentionally?

-I didn't...

-Don't lie to me, soldier. I am well aware of the situation. Belive me. I may seem dumb and easy to fool, but I can assure you I am not. So I shall give you motivation. Give me a fair duel. Other way, I decapitate the Grand Cross Knight in front of your eyes.

Changbin's eyes widen in fear. He looked at Minho in panick.

-Understood, your Highness! Minho shouted immediately. Let's start again if you permit.

They started again, this time more energetic. The sound of clashing swords caught the whole army's attention as all the knights gathered around curious to watch. Seungmin looked around worried.