History repeats itself

Present

Felix didn't listen to Jisung as he slowly opened the door and went down the stairs.

In the hall he bumped into someone, making both of them fall to the floor.

-I'm sorry! Felix said immediately.

-It's ok. Are you hurt? Do you need treatment?

Felix recognized the voice and his heart stopped for a moment.

-Innie?

-What?

-I mean...Yang Jeongin. Is that you?

The doctor was taken a little aback. He dusted off his pants and helped Felix to get up.

Just then he noticed the white pupils.

-Who are you?

-Felix. Jisung's friend.

-Oh... If you're looking for him, I guess you could start searching in the garden.

-Actually, I was looking for you.

-Me?

-Yeah. I have to start with you since you were the first that died.

-I did what? Jeongin's eyes widen in fear.

-Died. And because of that you might remember more than you know.

Jeongin was very much ready to call someone to take Felix to the crazy people hospital when he felt two hands cupping his waist.

He flinched before taking a look back and seeing Chan smiling at him.

-What are you doing here? he whispered.

-I am Minho's partner at the wedding, he said arranging his tie. He is messing around with Jisung right now, so I thought I could come over to say hello.

-Yeah, but we're not alone, he said pointing to the freckled boy.

-Bang Chan?

-How does he know my name? Chan asked Jeongin.

The latter just shrugged.

-I'm glad you found each other in this life too, Felix smiled. You were always so fast. Always hurrying up like you know the time was against you.

-Is he mental or something? Chan whispered in Jeongin's ear.

-He's Jisung's friend. That's all I know.

-Alright, I got to go now. See you later, Innie! Chan said pecking his lips.

Jeongin panicked and put his hands on Chan's mouth.

-What are you doing? He's right there, he said tilting his head towards Felix.

-He's blind. He saw nothing. But it's cute to see you flustered, Chan smirked. Got a wedding to attend, bye!

Jeongin sighed, feeling all his body tense.

-How are the nightmares?

That question made Jeongin's blood go cold.

-What?

-You dream every night the same thing, don't you? Since you and Chan...

-How do you know about me and Chan?

-Because you are made for each other. It happened before and it happens again. It's inevitable.

-Are you a fortune teller or what?

-Trust me, Jeongin... History will repeat itself. There is no way out. The wolves in your dreams will never disappear, Felix stated pointing with his index finger to Jeongin's forehead.

-How do I look? Minho asked.

Jisung licked his thumbs and brushed some bangs off Minho's forehead in order for his eyes to be visible.

-Ready to go, he said looking proudly at his work.

Chan knocked at the door and entered.

-You look nice, Minho! he said smiling.

-Thanks, Minho said almost inaudible. You look expensive indeed.

Chan put up a short smile, then turned to Jisung.

-Can I borrow your boyfriend for tonight? Promise to bring him in one piece, he joked.

Jisung faked a laugh while rubbing his nape.

-Sure.

He almost forgot about the agreement. He had to pretend to be Minho's boyfriend. His stomach didn't like that idea. He was about to throw up every time the subject was brought up.

-Are you gonna miss me? Minho suddenly pulled Jisung closer.

"Nice acting" Jisung thought.

-Of course I will, Jisung said placing his hands on Minho's chest. Don't come home late, alright?

Minho nodded, not breaking the eye contact with Jisung.

The latter felt awkward. His stare was piercing right through his brain.

He backed off slowly, retracting his hands and moves his gaze to the floor.

Minho gulped, mentally slapping himself for what he did, then took Chan's hand and went out the door.

Jisung watched them through the window until they entered Chan's car.

Such a strange feeling. To be held by Minho.

He didn't necessarily hate it. He was just scared. No one ever did that to him.

-Where are your friends? Seungmin asked pouring the hot coffee into Hyunjin's cup.

-Minho went to a fancy wedding and his mother forced him to go with that rich Bang Chan guy. So I am lonely today. Wanna keep me company?

-No, thanks! Seungmin said sternly.

Hyunjin pouted while mixing the coffee with milk.

Seungmin rolled his eyes and sighed.

-Hyunjin, don't get me wrong, but your crush on me is unjustified. You are a great guy, but I don't see you in that way. And I'm always mean to you. So why do you keep trying?

-You're not mean. You care about me. Why else would you talk to me right now? Or come with me to Minho's house? You remember my favorite dessert and always keep this seat reserved for me. Whenever I come here, you are the one that takes my order even tho there are three more waisters working. How can I not fall for that? he said smiling.

Seungmin's mouth slightly opened in amazement.

He never realized he was doing all these things.

He was waiting every day for Hyunjin to annoy him. He was ready everyday to reject the blonde boy.

Maybe he did like the attention.

When a slight blush tanned his cheeks, Seungmin panicked and ran to the kitchen just to avoid Hyunjin's full of hope eyes.