Your hand in marriage

800 years ago

-Is everything prepared? Hyunjin asked Seungmin.

-Affirmative. Prince Jisung can take his place at the balcony. I'll go bring the witch.

Hyunjin nodded before going to Jisung's room.

When he slammed the door open he caught the prince and his favorite Knight dueling.

-Your Highness!

They froze in their place and watched Hyunjin pacing furiously towards them.

-What are you doing? he asked trying to fix Jisung's hair.

-It's my fault, Minho said gaining a shocked expression from Jisung. I apologize for my immaturity, he bowed in front of the Duke.

-Well, you seem fine. No bruises, right? he said examining every inch of Jisung's face.

The prince shook his head, still speechless from Minho's gesture.

-Great! Now let's put the corset back, shall we? Hyunjin said picking the item off the bed.

-Can I do it? Minho asked shyly.

Hyunjin snapped his neck to look at the knight and saw the blush on his cheeks.

-Be careful! The prince is delicate, he said handing the corset to Minho. My prince, after you're ready, go to the balcony and wait there. I will be with Seungmin next to prince Chan, Hyunjin announced before leaving the room.

Jisung turned around, not sure if he could face the older and closed his eyes as he felt Minho's hands lingering on his waist.

He placed the corset on Jisung and pulled the strings as hard as he could. Then tied it all up and took a few steps behind to look at Jisung.

-Thank you! Jisung smiled.

Minho put his hands on Jisung's waist and kept them there while staring into the prince's eyes.

-Do you really need to say yes?

-It's my duty, Jisung said holding his tears.

-Can I give you my answer now?

-Answer to what? Jisung asked confused.

-To your letter.

Jisung's eyes widen as he gulped in anticipation.

-Speak if you want to, he said holding the eye contact.

-I think I feel something for you too, Your Majesty...

-I thought you said...

-I know...Minho moved his gaze to the ground. Nevertheless, I got to know you and now I feel helpless standing in front of you. Therefore it's too late.

-If I say yes, doesn't mean I will marry him. I will find a way to make it work, he said taking Minho's hands in his own.

Minho took Jisung's hand and placed a soft kiss on the back of his hand.

They were both blushing, not breaking the eye contact.

Suddenly the trumpets announced the arrival of prince Chan.

Jisung let go of Minho's hand and took his position on the balcony.

Minho watched the prince standing there in the sunlight and his heart sank in sorrow.

Changbin and Jeongin were riding the horse in a hurry to the Palace.

When they arrived at the square, they saw Chan followed by an army from the Liliac Kingdom marching in sync.

Jeongin admired Chan and a lump formed in his throat.

He really didn't want to be there. But he needed to tell Jisung about the wolves.

Felix was personally asked by the prince to use his magic and create images in the sky with the symbols of the two Kingdoms as a form of celebration for their union.

He hated being exploited, but he didn't have a choice. Changbin told him to behave.

Hyunjin was on Chan's left, not enjoying at all the event.

However, Seungmin was trying his best to boost the mood and cheer up the prince and the Duke.

-Prince Bang Christopher Chan of the Liliac Kingdom has come today in front of us to confess his endless love for our beloved future crowned prince Han Jisung. Therefore, this day shall remain in history as a celebration of love and royalty, Seungmin read his script out loud.

He bowed to the people and made way for prince Chan who looked up at Jisung.

-In the name of my Kingdom, I ask you now, prince Jisung, your hand in marriage, he said kneeling down. Can I have the honor to call you "my future husband" from now on?

Jisung looked at everyone in the crowd and forced a smile while nodding.

-Of course!

The crowd started cheering for the couple. They were looking forward to a new era of peace and prosperity.

Jisung went down the stairs, passing by Minho whom he couldn't look at, and let his body be handled by Chan in a slow waltz.

Jeongin watched the pair dancing and a tear streamed down his cheek.

He wanted to take Jisung's place. But he knew he couldn't.

He couldn't. And that was killing him.

Minho was looking at them too. He was cursing himself for letting himself get closer to the prince. Now there was no way turning back.

-You did great, Changbin said to Felix.

-Thank you! Where were you?

-Taking a walk.

-In the woods? Felix raised an eyebrow.

-I forgot you can read minds, Changbin smiled.

-Don't underestimate me, soldier, Felix smirked.

Changbin took the chains of Felix's collar and pulled the witch closer to him.

-Don't be reckless around the royal guard, please!

-I like you, soldier. And I like nobody.

-I have my charms.