Chapter 1 So Far

After finding out that I, Kira Edwards was pregnant at sixteen, I was scared. My boyfriend Troy Phillips was so excited. But two months into being pregnant, he left me. My friend Jon Payne, a football player/singer in our popular Choir group, was helping me out. Since Troy was a senior and I'm a junior, he didn't want the responsibility.

Since the day Troy broke up with me, I've been different. I also have been difficult to deal with. Especially in school. But I still manage to pass all of my classes. Troy got a new girlfriend a few days after we broke up. That hurt my mental state. With being pregnant it's hard to deal with all of my emotions. But Jon has been helping.

"Hey Kira, can I come with you to your appointment? To see what the gender of your baby is?" Jon asked in his sing song voice.

"Why do you ask every week if you know it's going to be a yes?" I asked in my sarcastic voice as I grab some stuff for my special education classes.

"You know why." He said being sarcastic back at me.

"Well then. I guess you can. As long as you are driving me again today Jon." I said shutting my locker..

"You know I will. And I want to ask you something." He said looking nervous as we were halfway from my locker I heard someone call my name.

I was about to say something but then my brothers and sister come over. I'm a quadruplet. Two brothers and a sister. And my youngest sister.

"Hey sis!" Nathan called.

I look over at all them. They have gotten into my locker. AGAIN!!! My sister Jacky knows my com for my locker.

They always see if I have something that is personal. I need a new combination. They do this twice a week. Once if I'm lucky. I go over there with Jon behind me.

"What are you four up to now? Can't you miss a day of messing with me?" I ask.

"I just want food Kira." Logan said.

"I don't have anyone." I said.

I am walking with Jon to Choir. We sit right by each other. He's a tennor. But I sing Saprano and Alto. But I wanted to be alto for this coming concert.

"Kira, the question is, will you go out with me?" He asked me. He had an expression on his face, of fear. Something I have gotten use to.

"Yes. I'll go out with you." I said. Hugging him.