Chapter 12 The Truth

By the time my senior year had come I was a popular teen sensation. But I found out a secret. The night Jon died, well that wasn't Jon. He wasn't the one driving. It was his twin brother Parker.

How did so find out? I got a random text from him, and Skypeing messages. I told him that I thought he was dead.

"Kira. I'm sorry. I'm in Indiana. Will you come be with me? I want to be with you." He said.

"Yes. But how will Rydel and I get their?" I asked him.

"After you graduate in May, I will come get you and Rydel. Just leave your parents a note. And Troy if you want." He said smiling.

"Ok. I love you Jon."

"I love you too Kira." He said.

The next day at school I walked into my Biology class. As I walk in, my teacher Mrs. Pond was waiting for me.

"Kira. Why didn't you tell me you got a record deal?" She asked in shock.

"I was waiting to tell everyone in the program. That way everyone could know." I replied quietly.

"Well, I knew you were an amazing singer. Everyone's been saying that." She said getting up and hugging me.

After the bell rang for class, I sat down. Waiting for everyone to take there seats. I was scared to see everyone's reaction. Especially my best friends Kaylee, Sierra, Kyley, Morgan, Veronica, and Holly. They were the ones who videotaped my singing without me knowing. But then again, Jon was the one who introduced me, and got me singing in the first place. If he hadn't done that, I wouldn't be able to support Rydel and myself for the next eighteen years.

"Ok guys, Mr. Thompson and his class will be here in a few minutes. Kira, wanna come up here and set up. Then you can go to the office and get the rest of the things you need?" Mrs. Pond asks.

"Yes Mrs. Pond." I said getting up and going to move the desks back a bit.

Mr. Thompson and his class got there after I moved everything around to where I had enough room. After that I went to the office.

"Hey Kira. How are you?" The principal Mr. Oatly asks.

"I'm doing good. Is my mother here?" I ask politely.

"Yes. She's in that room over there." He pointed to where him and I eat lunch. (I'm part of the planning committee).

I walk in there and get Rydel. My mom leaves for work right after dropping her off to me.