Chapter 42 Introducing Riker

I walk into the recording studio a few days later after arriving in L.A. to get use to things.

"Kira, I'm so glad that your here." My producer Jenny McCarthy comes up to me.

"Thanks. I've been super busy with both my children." I said holding Riker.

"Awww. He's so adorable Kira." She said.

Rehearsal went really smoothly. Riker was sleeping half the time. Jenny loved Riker. He look so much like Jon. His brown hair, blue eyes, his laugh and his smile. The only thing he got from me was he loved to laugh and sing along with me.

"Hey Kira. I'm gonna go down stairs for a few minutes. Is that ok?" Jon asks me.

"Babe, you don't have to ask me if you can do something. I do stuff without asking you if I can." I tell him.

"What did you buy?" He asks.

"This shirt, these jeans and my wedges." I look at my outfit smiling to look up and see him roll his eyes.

"Ok. I'll be back in about fifteen minutes. Rydel wanna come?" He asked looking at Ry.

She nodded and ran after him.

"So, what have you and Jon been up to since the show ended?" Jenny asks.

"Nothing much. Just keeping up with Rydel and Riker. It's been pretty busy the past few months. He has problems with my mothering style." I explained.

"What's his problem with that? Is he the mother? Hell no. He acts like it." She said.

"I don't know what his deal is to be honest." I say.

"Meaning?" Jenny looked puzzled.

"It's just, if I am extremely tierd and he gets home and I am sitting and relaxing, he gets mad. You know that I'm trying to do college to. I have a learning disability. So is hard to understand everything he throws at me. But I learned, and I'm about to graduate the online college. I don't know. He's just being him." I said.

"I have the perfect song in mind for you then Kira." Jenny said getting up and going to her spot in front of the recording booth.

"I'll get in there then." I got up and started laughing. 

"The music is on the stand. Forty seconds till you enter." Jenny said getting it ready.

I recognized the song. I sang it in high school. The Distance You Have Come in the key of Scott Alan.

"I don't know, where tomorrow finds me. The only thing I know is where I'm standing now. In this life there never been a guarantee. Which seems to be the only guarantee I found. But keep your eyes upon the road. Keep driving. It won't be long until you see a sign that says your arriving." I was singing really well. Jon arrived in time to see this.

"That's amazing babe." Jon said.