Unfit for Knighthood

"Again," said Jedi Master Mace Windu. He was training his Padawan, (Y/N) (L/N), trying to get him to learn to use the force on multiple things while under fire. The teen had been hit with multiple stun rounds already, leaving him quite irritated. Sure, it wasn't actual blaster fire, but it still hurt damn it!

"Master, can't we take 5 minutes? I can feel my muscles locking." the Padawan said, unable to focus on lifting the items with the pain he was feeling.

"No. Again!" Windu yelled, ordering the droid to shoot the Padawan again, an order it followed without hesitation. The Padawan screamed as he fell to one knee, unable to maintain his stance after his leg locked up. It was like a charlie horse, but 20 times worse. Mace simply narrowed his eyes.

"It appears I was mistaken in taking you, Padawan," Windu began. "We are at war here, we cannot afford to have Jedi who fall this easily." The Jedi Council member turned his back, clearly disappointed. "Remain here so I can give you a recommendation to the Medical Corps, what talents you have will best serve the Republic there." With that, Master Windu walked out of the training room. Dejected, (Y/N) sat in a meditation position, trying to figure out what to do next. As he did, (Y/N) looked back on what all had happened while he was in the order.

In doing so, he found himself getting angrier and angrier. He was always alone for reasons he never understood. The other students avoided him like the Rakghoul Plague for reasons he was not aware of. Though every time he looked in their eyes, it was always the same emotion; fear. He never understood why, as he wasn't the most naturally powerful, nor was he the most skilled after training. Even when he was selected by Mace Windu to become his Padawan, he was always looked at like he would explode at any time. The only one who didn't was Windu himself, the same man who just walked out the door. That didn't mean, however, that Windu treated him well. His training was tantamount to torture. At the start, it was exactly as (Y/N) predicted. He was learning to combine all the basic techniques he had learned while he was a youngling. But after just two weeks, Master Windu had begun incorporating other parts. "Stressors," he called them. Stun rounds, lightsaber swings, and force powers used against him during basic training, not combat training. He was lucky he hadn't lost any limbs.

The more he thought about his experience, the angrier he got. The angrier he got, the more stuff around him began to float with the force. He calmly opened his eyes, unintentionally setting everything down with unintended care. He stood up, breathing through his nose. He took a look at his hand, before seemingly going over an edge. (Y/N) screamed, using all the power he had to pick up the droid that was previously shooting him using the force. He slowly closed his fist in anger, crushing the robot as he did. It slowly began to form into a ball of metal, the force crushing its internals as the young Jedi commanded it to do. Finally, (Y/N) thought back to the stun rounds, the same ones that this robot had just shot him with, all at his Master's orders. Thinking on how it made his muscles ache, and how his plea for a rest was ignored. The thoughts of the pain swirled in the boy's head, driving his desire and, with them, his actions. He wanted his Master to feel what he had felt during the "excersice," but the droid would have to do.

Suddenly, a massive streak of lightning shot from his hand. The ball of droid exploded, causing great damage to the training area around him. When the noise from the explosion faded, an alarm began to blare, alerting the Jedi of the issues in the room. Thinking quickly, (Y/N) laid down on the ground, trying to fake being hit by the explosion. As (Y/N)'s head hit the ground, Master Windu returned to the room.

"(Y/N), what the hell happened in here?" Windu asked, surprised by the change in scenery. (Y/N) slowly stood up, placing his right hand over his left shoulder, an attempt to sell a fake injury.

"Master Windu, the droid was rigged to blow." (Y/N) explained, quickly spinning a story. "I was able to avoid it since I saw it tapping bits of its wrist, but I landed incorrectly and got my shoulder injured."

Windu sensed little deception in what his now former Padawan was saying, however there was also something else, something overwhelming his ability to sense anything else. Fear. Whatever had happened here, it made (Y/N) afraid. More afraid than a bomb would. Not to mention, Windu had personally checked the droid this morning. He would have noticed if such a thing was present. The story his former Padawan was presenting did not addup.

"Make your way to the Infirmary, (L/N). Get yourself healed up, and then you'll have the option to sign some paperwork and join the Medical Corp." Master Windu stated. (Y/N) began to walk away from the room, heading to where he was told. Windu pulled out his holocom, ready to make a call. A call to the infirmary.

"Master Che," Windu began. "I have an injured person heading your way. He's claiming an injured shoulder from diving away from an explosion, but I'm not so sure. I'm asking you to put him under, reach into his mind, and find out what happened." On the other end of his holocom, Master Vokara Che had some objections.

"Master Windu, I can't do that. That would break every oath in the Halls of Healing!" Che responded. The Twi'lek was exasperated by the Jedi Council member asking her to perform such an act.

"If you do this for me, Master Che," Windu countered. "you can consider Esseles forgotten." This had the Twi'lek visibly sweating.

Esseles was the sight of Che's greatest failure, one which nearly caused her to lose her position as Cheif Healer. She could still hear the patient's dying screams. And the smell...

If the rest of the Council ever found out what happened...

"Fine," Master Che agreed. "But I want the Esseles incident wiped from the Archives."

"Your cooperation is appreciated, Master Che." Windu said, hanging up the holocall. On the other end, Che sighs, clearly not entirely happy with this arrangement. As she contemplated this, she heard the door to the Hall of Healing open, with the person Windu talked about walking through. He was holding his shoulder, clearly in pain.

"Welcome to the Hall of Healing, young one. Please, tell me what the issue is." Che requested.

"Hello, Master Che. I was working through Master Windu's 'training,' when the droid exploded." (Y/N) explained. "I attempted to dive out of the way, but I landed on my shoulder. I think I either broke or dislocated it."

"Understood. Please, Padawan, lay down on one of our beds." Che ordered. (Y/N) complied, doing as asked. Master Che went into another room to get some form of medicine. As she did, (Y/N) looked down at the hand that the lightning had shot from. He didn't understand why, but when the lightning came out, for a couple seconds before Windu arrived, it just felt right.

"Right," Master Che said, opening the door while carrying a couple tools. " First I'm going to perform a standard checkup, just to make sure there is actually something wrong and not a simple placebo."

"Alright. You're the doctor." (Y/N) said. Master Che proceeded to perform a standard checkup. Nothing was out of the ordinary until she reached the brief eye exam. Che knew that (Y/N) was a common patient in the Halls of Healing, so she was familiar with how his eyes should look. But there was something there that usually wasn't present.

He had a hint of yellow in his eyes.

Hey everyone. Been a minute, huh? Unfortunately, I kind of lost interest in RWBY in the same way I lost interest in MHA before, so as of now those are all discontinued. Sorry to anyone who liked those also. Thankfully, Star Wars, and in particular the SW:TOR MMO, has always been a passion of mine so I'm either going to lose a lifelong passion or actually complete a story. That'll be a first. 

To make up for the absence, this is gonna be a two-for one. Next one should be up by the time you finish reading this.