Visions of the Dark

Ahsoka found the fuel tank of the Reckoner rather quickly. She turned the associated valve and attached a canister to the outflow to prepare it for draining, before making her way to the cockpit of the ship to begin the process. After hitting the button, she decided to explore the ship a little more, opting to look in the room across from the engine compartment. There, she was met with a storage room full of various weapons and artifacts. She could sense the Dark Side coming off of a number of them, and it made her very concerned.

The one that screamed the loudest in her mind was a small red pyramid, with edges seemingly made of gold. Ahsoka attempted to pull it with the Light Side of the Force, but it didn't even respond. It didn't budge at all. Ahsoka decided at this point that she was better off leaving, crossing the hall into the engine room to check on the progress of the fuel draining. At this point it had completed, so Ahsoka took the canister and made her way off of the ship.

However, when she left the ship, expecting to see either (Y/N) or a ship ready to pick her up, neither one was present. There was nothing there, except for two sets of footprints leading into the forest. One was clearly (Y/N)'s, but the other one wasn't consistent. It seemed to transform from beast to humanoid. Clearly, it was the Son. Ahsoka followed the footsteps into the forest, unsure of what to expect.

As she made her way deeper into the forest, she eventually came across a clearing, but it was clearly not natural. Not only was everything dead, but even the ghosts of the plants usually present in the night were all gone. As such, there were very few places to hide and remain unnoticed to eavesdrop on the other thing that was happening before her; a conversation between (Y/N) and the Son.

"Join me, (Y/N)," the Son encouraged, "and we could destroy the Banites and rule the galaxy ourselves!"

"While the first bit sounds great, I'd rather not rule the entire galaxy," (Y/N) responded. "That sounds like WAY too much work. Even then, I think I'd rather do it myself rather than align myself with someone in freefall."

"Perhaps knowledge of the future that shall come to pass will change your mind," the Son chuckled, before fading into a swirling mist. Not liking anything about where this was going, (Y/N) ignited his lightsaber, and looked around, ready to strike at the first sign of the Celestial. However, the Celestial never stepped out. Instead, it was a reflection of (Y/N). He looked vastly different, but the eyes were all he needed to see to tell it was him.

He was wearing black robes with red trim, had a mask like Malgus used to have, and though not as wrinkled as Malgus himself, had something far worse. The skin around his eye sockets had appeared to decay, leaving horrendous black marks where the outside of his eye sockets had once been. His eyes glowed a vibrant orange with most of the sclera around the iris being bright red. His skin was far paler, and had clearly gotten a touch thinner, dangerously thin. He was wearing no gloves at all, showing scars in the exact shape that (Y/N)'s crimson lightning was in.

Then the reflection pulled out its lightsaber, the handle curved like that of Count Dooku. There were no obvious buttons pressed, and yet the saber began to move, bits of metal spiraling out of the top of the hilt to form a handguard. The crimson blade shot from the handle, glowing like a dying star. Additionally, instead of a white core to the blade, it was instead glowing orange, the exact hue of (Y/N)'s current blade.

"Join me, and you can avoid this," the reflection said. "You are meant for so much more than being a pawn in the Banite's games!"

"And become a pawn of yours instead?" (Y/N) asked rhetorically. "No thanks, pawns are to be sacrificed, and no one sacrifices me for their own gain." (Y/N) slashed at his reflection, thinking it would simply fade into mist like that surrounding them. However, it instead blocked with its own crimson blade, parrying the boy's blade to the side in an attempt to throw off his balance before delivering a quick strike at his chest. (Y/N) was able to recover, spinning his own blade around to knock the reflection off course. He attempted a similar maneuver to strike the reflection, this time succeeding in delivering a grazing blow to the reflection's upper chest and chin. This time, the reflection did indeed fade into smoke, joining the rest of the swirling mists around them. Thinking (Y/N) was safe for now, Ahsoka left to find her masters to report their progress.

So, when (Y/N) heard footsteps behind him, he couldn't believe what he was seeing. Out of the fog walked Anakin Skywalker himself, or at least so (Y/N) thought. On the other side of the fog was Padme Amidala, holding her hands out to Anakin, asking for a hug. The two ran at each other and embraced, the fog that composed them swirling into another scene, this one of Anakin choking Padme using the Force, his eyes glowing orange. Finally, the fog composing the two figures condensed into a single being. A massive obsidian monolith with breathing that (Y/N) thought could send a chill down anyone's neck.

FSSHHH

PUUH

FSSHHH

PUUH

(Y/N) could see it all. This monolith standing there as an entire planet is destroyed, it choking out what seemed to be its own ally, it carving through an entire army like a vibroblade through butter. Finally, he saw the only thing in the galaxy that this monolith bowed to; a decrepit old man wearing a modest black robe, chuckling evilly with glowing yellow eyes and the rest of his face obscured by the hood.

Everything he had seen, combined with the slightly asphyxiating effect of the Son's mists left (Y/N) kneeling on the ground, holding his chest. The fog faded away, reforming the Son in front of (Y/N)'s kneeling form.

"Now do you see what must be done?" the Son asked. "Why you must assist me?"

"Yes, I do," (Y/N) answered. "I must kill Anakin Skywalker."