Rakghouls, Doctors, and Bureaucrats, Oh My!

"Honestly, Nox," started (Y/N), "I think I need fresh samples. There's people who got infected, and I doubt frozen, 3000 year old samples will do much to help them."

The former Sith Lord sighed, clearly unhappy with his descendant's less than practical statement. Due to his status as a Sith Spirit, he wasn't able to do anything to stop him that wouldn't hurt him.

"Fine, but if you get infected don't come crying to me," Nox said. "There's blasters in the armory, your lightsaber and inconsistent lightning won't be enough."

(Y/N) followed Nox's instructions, grabbing a blaster pistol and a blaster rifle as well, just in case. He was about to exit the ship, when he saw Nox in a kneeling, meditative position.

"What're you doing, Nox?" (Y/N) asked, curious as to why an ancient Sith was meditating.

Nox sighed, not happy about being interrupted. "I am trying to draw some of the closest rakghouls to us. If you are so insistent about getting fresh samples, then it would be advantageous to draw them towards the Ruin, where I can use her weapons systems to assist you."

"And how are you drawing them to us?" (Y/N) asked, not sure how what Nox was doing would accomplish that.

"Rakghouls were created by an ancient Sith Lord, even by my age," Nox explained. :He sought to rule the galaxy by using the force to transform people into rakghouls. However, the ritual had a very specific weakness; it didn't work on force sensitives. So, as a fix, the Sith made those which he created pass a disease that would turn anyone, force sensitives included, into a rakghoul themselves. By channeling the same emotions that created the Rakghouls, they can be attracted, assuming the channeler is sensitive enough to dark side the force." A roar was heard outside the ship, indicating that there was something out there. "And it appears to have worked."

(Y/N) walked to the exit to the ship. He lowered the ramp with his lightsaber and blaster out. When the ramp was down enough for (Y/N) to see past it, he saw a small pack of rakghouls, just enough for him to get all the needed tissue, including if he himself wasn't infected. He leveled the blaster in his left hand, taking aim at the rakghouls in front of him.

He pulled the trigger once, twice, three times. Only one rakghoul fell dead. The rest saw what happened to their comrade and began to charge the boy. He fired a couple more shots, nearly all of them missing. What did hit was only in limbs, not killing them but making that limb unusable. One of the smaller ones lept at (Y/N), trying to get a quick hit on his face. (Y/N) quickly ignited his saber in his right, performing a flourish that cut the rakghoul's head clean off. He tried to sweep his lightsaber at another one, only for it to leap backward away from him. By now, all of the rakghouls were near him on the ship, so (Y/N) threw the blaster away to free his left hand. He tried to fire a quick burst of lightning from his hand, as he had done before, but nothing came out.

"Fine. Guess I need to do this the old fashioned way." (Y/N) said to himself, readying a Form III stance. From what he recalled of his time at the Temple, Form III was the most defensive of the forms, and since a single hit was enough to pass the plague onto him, he wanted to avoid that at all costs.

Another rakghoul flew at (Y/N), this one aiming for his leading right arm. He quickly raised the lightsaber, bringing the tip of the blade back towards himself to better block the lunge. The rakghoul's own momentum cut it in half across his lightsaber. Seeing that two had both made the exact same mistake, (Y/N) assumed the creatures had little if any real intelligence to them, and so prepared for them all to pounce at some point. This was a mistake.

Suddenly, one began to rush him head on. (Y/N) was so busy preparing for the pounce that he didn't have time to block the simple strike that was coming. A large cut appeared on his leg where the rakgoul got him. (Y/N) screamed in pain, and began to panic due to the stories he had heard. As he did, lightning began to arc off of him, the fear, anger, and will to live as himself allowing him to access his lineage once again. A massive bolt of lightning came from his hands, blasting one of the rakghouls. However, the blast then hopped to another one nearby. Then another, and another, until all of the rakghouls in front of him lay dead.