The Journey Back

"Right, once we arrive, I'm going to be going by a different name for my own protection," (Y/N) said, aware that the Jedi were likely hunting him due to the circumstances of his departure. "Please, call me Summanous."

"Why's that (Y/N)?" Ahsoka asked, not putting two and two together.

"Well..." he began to respond, eventually deciding, "actually, it'd be easier to show you." With those words said, he consciously opted to drop his Force Clouding a little, just enough to get his point across. When he showed Ahsoka, she gasped in shock. His eyes, specifically the irises, had turned a deep yellow color, with the very outside being red. There were some veins in the sclera that were visible as well, freaking out Ahsoka even more. As soon as he saw the reaction on Ahsoka's face, (Y/N) restored his clouding, causing his eyes to return to their original (E/C).

"Now you know why I must use an alias on Coruscant, the home of the Jedi," (Y/N) stated. "And before you ask, no, I am not associated with the likes of Dooku, or his puppet master. If Dooku is the Apprentice and the one controlling him, the Master, then I am the End."

"The end of the Sith?" Ahsoka asked, cautiously.

"The end of the Rule of Two," (Y/N) explained, "the rule that has been simultaneously impossible to maintain and beyond ruinous to our teachings." In response, Ahsoka lit her lightsabers, preparing to strike. (Y/N) simply pinched his nose in frustration.

"Ahsoka, if I was like the Twos, wanting every Jedi dead, why would I have offered you a ride back to Coruscant? Or told you about my vision?" he asked. "If I wanted every last Jedi dead, I would have been grinning when seeing the attack."

However, Ahsoka had stopped listening. She swung at (Y/N) with her lightsabers, getting blocked by the now indigo blade of (Y/N)'s own. Having activated his lightsaber for the first time since arriving on Raxus, he hated how close it was getting to the color of Windu's blade. He used this hatred to empower a force push against Ahsoka, which pushed her so hard it broke the intra-ship holocom she collided with.

"Damn it, Ahsoka, forget what the Jedi Council has told you. They claim that light without darkness is true balance. That's impossible," (Y/N) explained, annoyed. "Light without darkness is blinding, and anything existing in that light would cast a shadow, creating darkness."

"So then that's your goal? Extinguish the light so you can finally see?" Ahsoka asked incredulously.

"No. In the same way that light without darkness is blinding, the majority of species cannot see without at least some light," (Y/N) said.

"What is going on here?" Padme yelled, wanting to know why she heard lightsaber noises.

"Get away from him Padme," Ahsoka requested, though it sounded more like a demand. "He's a Sith Lord!"

"Sleep," (Y/N) suggested, waving his hand in Ahsoka's direction, wanting a chance to explain himself without being constantly interrupted by her. It worked, as the Padawan fell asleep where she sat. "Perhaps now we can speak without being interrupted by religious zealots."

"What was she talking about, (Y/N)?" Padme demanded. "Are you the one behind the war? Are you with Dooku?"

(Y/N) was annoyed that Padme instantly assumed this, but understood why. After all, the only time she's ever heard the term Sith was associated with Dooku. "No, I am not, to both questions," (Y/N) answered honestly. "Please, have a seat, and let us discuss this like civilized individuals. Would you like a drink?"

Some time later, (Y/N) and Padme were discussing the state of the galaxy, after (Y/N) had described Sith history. While he didn't know exacts like names, Nox had told him that something had happened between the millennia, and that now there were only two actual Sith in the Galaxy, and had been for the last millennia. Nox had theorized that it was some form of new rule, telling (Y/N) that theory. It would add up as well, for the most part. There may have been small intervals where there were three, but it never went well for anyone, especially not the Sith as a whole.

"So you wish to bring the Sith Empire back?" Padme wondered.

"No, not the Empire. Merely the Order as it once was," (Y/N) explained. "The Empire was composed of fools. They tried to wipe the Jedi from existence, but darkness without light is impossible to see in. In much the same manner, the Jedi are fools. Light without darkness is blinding, and they would allow, no, outright DESIRE, the Force to be a perpetual flashbang. But I do believe that's enough talk of philosophy."

"Yes, I suppose so. Though I'm afraid, I simply must ask which side of this war you're on." Padme stated.

"Currently, I prefer the Republic. While the Jedi are tied to it, I feel it is better than those whose generals order massacres of sentient civilizations," (Y/N) explained. "And as I was telling Ahsoka before she asked far too many questions, please call me Summanous while on Coruscant."

"To hide your identity?"

"Indeed."

Padme pondered his words for a couple of seconds before deciding, "Very well. But I swear, if you kill anyone, I'm telling Ani what you are."

"Ani, you say?" (Y/N) caught. "Hmm... A name for Skywalker, perhaps? Almost sounds to me like you two are together."

Padme started sweating. This was easily the worst slip of the tongue she could have made. (Y/N) caught this as well, saying, "Oh my Ones you are. Well, I thank you kindly for that but of ammunition. You leak my name, I leak this part of this little conversation, understood?"

"So you're blackmailing me now?" Padme demanded.

"Only mutually," (Y/N) said. "You could easily leak what and who I am to the Jedi. I am simply ensuring you don't by having a secret of yours. And this extends to Ahsoka as well. After all, Skywalker being her master leaves her in an interesting position should this get out." (Y/N) stood up to check on Ahsoka's condition. He had tried to not hurt her too hard, just enough for her to stop talking, but it appeared he had overdone it. She had a broken leg and arm, but that was what the Kolto tank was for.

"Padme, I need you to do Ahsoka a favor. One I don't want to do for the sake of her decency," (Y/N) explained. "In that room, there's a Kolto tank. It's like a less-effective variant of Bacta. It'll still heal her before we get to Coruscant, but it requires her to be in minimal clothing."

Padme shook her head, but went along with the favor anyway. (Y/N) explained in a little more detail how the Kolto tank worked, like how to affix the breathing mask, the control panel, and a few other small things. It took about an hour thanks to it being minor injuries compared to what such things are normally for. Ahsoka woke up just in time to come out of the tank, drying herself off with a towel that Padme had left her. She got herself redressed, and exited the med bay. When she exited, she saw (Y/N) looking at some kind of list of Senators, namely those with major ties to corporate entities.

"Kamino?" (Y/N) asked himself in a whisper. "She stands to gain a lot, but has no out if discovered. I doubt she'd take that kind of risk. That just leaves the Techno Union, Banking Clan, and Trade Federation. Trade Federation has proven they're willing to go to any length to get an extra credit, and all three have friends in the Separatists they can run to if things go south."

"What are you doing, 'Kallig'?" Ahsoka asked, interrupting (Y/N)'s train of thought, shocking him.

"Who told you that name?" (Y/N) asked, palming his lightsaber just in case.

"While I was out, a ghost paid me a visit. Does Darth Nox ring a bell?" she asked, attempting to goad a fight out of (Y/N). However, unlike the Twos, (Y/N) would much rather talk things out.

"So that's where he was for the last twenty minutes," (Y/N) said under his breath. He raised his voice back to normal speaking volume, saying, "Then I'm sure he explained to you the difference between our line and that of the Twos."

"He tried," Ahsoka taunted, "but I'm not going to put much stock in the words of a Sith Lord."

"Ahsoka, tell you what," (Y/N) began. "Let's make a bet. Take me with you and Padme to the Senate building. If the attack happens as I have foreseen, while I am standing next to you in the Senate building, then you will admit that I am not a threat to the Jedi or Republic, or involved in said attack. If not, then feel free to gather a team of Jedi to hunt me down. Deal?"

Ahsoka pondered these words for a moment, before ultimately deciding to agree to the deal, hoping that she would lose the bet so that she wouldn't need to hunt an old friend down.

"Deal."