Dogma Days

(Y/N) had just finished his assigned sequence of lightsaber practices. His master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, had been attempting to teach (Y/N) to use Soresu so that he might use it instead of Makashi. When the boy looked to Obi-Wan for feedback, Obi-Wan obliged.

"Not bad, for switching primary forms so late. Not as good as me, but still decent," he grinned, his Padawan nodding in response. This concerned Obi-Wan, his grin dropping. Not even an eye roll, and that concerned him. "Here, I'll show you."

Obi-Wan first demonstrated how the sequence went himself before assisting (Y/N) through it, having the boy go through it one swing at a time. If he swung too wide, which was crucial to Soresu, Obi-Wan would stop him and inform him. If he was leaving an opening, Obi-Wan pointed it out. It took a good few hours, but (Y/N) had gotten the sequence down.

"Good. We shall continue tomorrow, but for now get some mess," Obi-Wan said to his Padawan, sending him to the mess hall. The boy bowed in respect, before complying. Obi-Wan placed his hand on his chin, thinking about all that had transpired.

(Y/N) had just gotten his dinner from the mess, sitting down at one of the tables to eat. As he placed the first bite of the, quite frankly, gruel in his mouth, someone sat down across from him. He paid them no mind, ready to just finish his meal before getting back to training. That was until the other person started talking, though.

"Geez, I do not know how you can stand this stuff," Ahsoka sighed, disappointed in the Temple Cafeteria's offerings. "I hate it."

"It is enough to sustain me, and that is all that matters," (Y/N) replied, with no emotion on his face. "If you truly do hate it, you may want to work on that. Hatred leads to the Dark Side. Remember, there is no emotion, there is peace."

"Are you sure you're alright, (Y/N)?" Ahsoka questioned. "You never were the biggest fan of that line..."

"I'm fine, Ahsoka," (Y/N) replied, still entirely neutral. "It is an important part, as without it, the rest falls apart. Emotion causes ignorance, causes passion, causes chaos."

"If you say so..." Ahsoka sighed, unsure what was happening to (Y/N). Sure, she had sold him out, but she didn't think they were going to do... whatever they did to him! She thought they would give him counseling and a new master, not turn him into... this.

The two sat in silence for a while until (Y/N) finished his meal, gathering his scraps and putting them in the trash before exiting the cafeteria and heading back to his room. Ahsoka, though, continued to eat her dinner in silence, regret plastered across her face. (Y/N) had become completely unrecognizable to her. Where once he wore certain emotions on his sleeve, now he always hid them, if he had any at all.

(Y/N) laid down on his bed before remembering he still had his self-paced meditation training to do. So, he got off the bed and kneeled on the floor, attempting to clear his mind as directed by both his own master and the rest of the Jedi. He took a deep breath into his lungs, allowing the air to sit within them for as long as he could before allowing the contained air back into the world. He made little progress, however, as he could just not get his mind to clear itself. He was constantly seeing visions of things that should not have been. A bolt of lightning striking a village, a man screaming in agony, purple dancing across his face. And finally, a figure draped in a cloak, his face obscured. However, the thing that stood out was the eye-shaped scars on his hands.

The exact same ones as on (Y/N)'s...

(Y/N) checked the back of his hand to compare the sets of scars, finding them to be exact. This opened a tidal wave of questions into his mind, though he never got any chance to ask them, as the figure looked up. Sickly orange eyes peered across the void (Y/N) found himself in, staring straight into his soul.

"What have they done to me..." the alternate version of (Y/N) questioned, (Y/N)'s own mouth moving as he said them. (Y/N) moved his hand up, the other version mirroring the movements exactly.

"What do you mean? Who's done things to you?" (Y/N) asked the figure, their mouth moving to say the words as well.

"They've blocked me from you," the figure explained. "Damn Jedi, always interfering in lives, making them worse. Nox helped them in the end, sure, but only because the Republic was better than the Empire."

"Who?" (Y/N) asked, cocking his eyebrow, the figure matching as always.

"Right, you forgot about him. Kriffing Jedi," the figure scoffed, shaking his head. Suddenly, footsteps were heard from either side of the two, either one holding a lightsaber. One was holding a green blade, the other blue. The one holding the blue lightsaber was obvious, it was Master Kenobi. However, the one holding the green blade was one that (Y/N) did not recognize, but clearly the other version of him did.

"Pernicar..." he seethed, clearly unhappy with Pernicar's appearance.

"Master, what's going on?" (Y/N) asked Obi-Wan, unsure of himself. However, before Obi-Wan could respond, (Y/N) felt his mouth move independently of his own control once again.

"I will not be caged!" the Dark Side (Y/N) yelled, such force and intent behind it that (Y/N) could feel his own vocal cords moving with the words. (Y/N) saw Obi-Wan raise his lightsaber, ready to swing. (Y/N) closed his eyes, but never got a chance to see what would happen, as before he could feel the heat of the lightsaber, he awoke from the meditation.

(Y/N) was breathing heavily, the adrenaline still pumping through his system, though strangely no nervousness was present in his psyche. (Y/N) looked around to find his clock, though it was unneeded. (Y/N) saw the daylight of Coruscant seeping through the blinds, evidently his meditation had lasted all night. (Y/N) put his robes on and headed for the cafeteria, ready to eat breakfast.

When he arrived, it turned out to be the exact same slop that had been served for dinner, but (Y/N) really didn't care. Between the lack of sleep due to the meditation and the general lack of emotions he'd been feeling lately, he just accepted whatever would be given to him, be it by the cooks or by life. When he sat down at the cafeteria tables, ready to get his breakfast in his stomach before training, he suddenly felt a soft impact against the back of his left shoulder. He spun his head, trying to find out who caused it, only to find that whoever had done it had disappeared into the crowd, clearly having used Force Speed. He felt where the impact was, seeing if they had dropped food on him or something, but instead found a note attached to his robe.

'Meet me on the highest north balcony. Six o'clock.' There was no signature or name attached to the note.

'Weird,' (Y/N) thought to himself. Who would want to meet with him? And for what reason? (Y/N) had to place those thoughts aside for the time, polishing off his breakfast before leaving for the training areas where Obi-Wan was waiting for him. The Jedi Master was waiting for him holding his lightsaber, the duller core of the blade giving away the fact that it was in training mode.

"Hello there."