One Lightsaber Lost, Another Rebuilt

No one in the alley was willing to move a muscle. The thieves thought (not entirely incorrectly) that the slightest movement would cause them to be shocked next, while (Y/N) just stood there, daring them to come closer.

None of them called his bluff.

They all ran out of the alley, not wanting anything to do with what just happened. (Y/N) deactivated his lightsaber, sighing that such a thing had to happen. However, he soon heard a voice he was NOT hoping for.

"Master Sinube, I sense something down this alley!" Ahsoka Tano yelled, trying to get another Jedi's attention.

"Shit," (Y/N) muttered under his breath. He really didn't want to be found yet, but there she was, standing at the end of the alley.

"You, thief, stop right there!" she yelled, seeing the hilt of the lightsaber in his hand. (Y/N) sarcastically looked around him, pretending to try and find such a scoundrel. Seeing no one else around, he raised an eyebrow before pointing at himself.

"Yes, you. You have a lightsaber, but you're not a Jedi! That means you stole it!" Ahsoka yelled, "And I think it might be mine!" This caused (Y/N) to sarcastically put his hand over his heart, pretending to be emotionally hurt.

"You wound me, Ahsoka," he said. "Do you truly not recognize me?" (Y/N) ignited his lightsaber, its blue light reflecting off his face.

"(Y/N)? How'd you get another kyber crystal?" Ahsoka asked. "Let alone another lightsaber? Didn't you return yours?"

(Y/N) chuckled slightly. "Whoever said I returned it all in one piece? Other than the crystal, the parts aren't all that hard to find. Little durasteel, an energy converter, it's really not that complicated."

A prolonged silence occurred between the two. While they had known of each other, being in the same youngling group, and having talked more than a couple times, they didn't know each other all too well. Eventually, the quiet was broken by an elder Jedi.

"Remind me, young one, what color was your lightsaber?" the Cosian asked.

"Green, Master Sinube. That isn't mine," she confirmed, "it's his."

The reply confused Sinube, who stressed, "But he looks like no Jedi? He looks like a rather clean street urchin."

"Because I just left the order, sir," (Y/N) stated flatly. "Of course, with how often they stressed that my crystal was mine, I figured they wouldn't mind me taking it as a souvenir."

"And of this corpse here?" the Jedi Master asked. "Is this a souvenir as well?" He gestured his cane, pointing at the charred corpse. Ahsoka covered her mouth in shock, having not noticed it and attributing the smell to the Coruscanti underground.

"That was an instant of self-defense," (Y/N) said calmly. "Am I not allowed to use what I have been taught in my own protection?"

"Not when it kills. You should know that better than anyone, being Windu's padawan."

(Y/N)'s hand began to spark a little, having been unhappily reminded of his old master. "Not anymore."

The Jedi Master noticed this sparking, and took his lightsaber from his cane. Its white blade caused the entire alleyway to light up. "So the Dark Side has claimed another, hmm?" the master asked. "You'll need to be returned to the Temple for questioning."

"I don't want to fight you, Sinube," (Y/N) stated. "I just need a few credits to pay for fuel, then I'll head to some corner of the galaxy where the Order likely won't ever hear from me again."

The Corisan seemed skeptical. He didn't fully trust what the former Padawan was saying. "Prove it. Stow your weapon."

"I'll stow it as soon as you do, old man," the boy replied. "Count of three?"

The older man nodded his head in approval, agreeing to the terms. "Alright, three, two, one," When he said one, both people stowed their lightsabers.

"Right, now that that little Correlian stand-off is out of the way," (Y/N) began, "I think I saw someone advertising a completed lightsaber a couple streets down. I'd recommend checking over there."

Ahsoka nodded her head, thanking (Y/N). The two current Jedi left the scene, continuing to look for her lightsaber.

"I need to get out of here as well, standing over a dead body isn't the best look," (Y/N) said to himself before running towards the wall, climbing up the pipe attached to it. When he reached to top of the building, he started thinking about where he would got from there. He had very little money, certainly not enough to make a hyperspace jump. The fuel alone would be too much. So how?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How indeed, dear readers. From here, I see two potential ways this can go. Either (Y/N) becomes a:

Becomes a vigilante, taking the money from criminals he defeats before turning them into security

OR

Pulling an Ob Nixilis, taking over an already established criminal organization.

Make Your Choice.

Speaking of Ob Nixilis, if any of you like RWBY and/or Magic: The Gathering, y'all should check out the new story. Half-Devil planeswalker stuck on Remnant, it'll be one hell of a time. Until next time, folks!