What Happened?

(Y/N) struggled in the Magnetic Containment Unit he woke up in, attempting to free himself before the Jedi would be able to do whatever it was that they were planning. He didn't have much of a chance to do so, however, as soon after Obi-Wan Kenobi walked through the door to his cell. He gave Ahsoka and Anakin a nod, and the two left the room, leaving only the Jedi Master and (Y/N). (Y/N) could only stare down the Master in anger, the gag preventing him from making his thoughts known.

"Before we get underway, I want you to know that this wasn't my idea, (Y/N)," Obi-Wan started, "for both your capture and what I am about to do."

'And yet you do it anyway,' (Y/N) thought to himself. 'Same as every other Jedi. Hypocrites, the lot of them.' If (Y/N)'s eyes could narrow any further, they would, but to do so would fully close his eyes. Obi-Wan placed the Holocron on the ground, kneeling across from (Y/N) with the Holocron between them. Obi-Wan focused on the Holocron, which began floating in the air, corners rotating as it opened. (Y/N) could feel the burning sensation coming off of the Holocron, but it was a different kind of burning from when the Sister died. That one was slight, like a candle. This one was more like a bonfire, threatening to char the boy to the bone. (Y/N) thrashed in his bonds, trying to get any leverage he could to escape. There was none to be found however, as a bright flash of light emitted from the Holocron, causing (Y/N) to pass out.

When (Y/N) awoke, he couldn't remember much. The last thing he could remember was having his Trial of Will. He remembered what he saw during the Trial, but beyond that, everything was a blur. And it wasn't just recent events that were a blur, finer details like the color of his crystal during the Gathering, or what clan he had been assigned to. Whenever he tried to focus on those details, though, he started to get a headache.

"(Y/N)?" Obi-Wan asked. "Are you alright (Y/N)?"

"Yes, Master Kenobi, just a headache" (Y/N) replied. "Why am I restrained?"

"You gave us quite a scare, (Y/N)," Kenobi explained. "That Sith you were seeing in your Trial tried to take over your mind. We had to restrain you after he got complete control. It took myself, Anakin, and Ahsoka all to stop you."

"Oh. I'm guessing that means I failed the Trial then?" (Y/N) asked, his voice carrying no emotion despite the immense disappointment such a statement should bring.

"Not at all, (Y/N)," Obi-Wan assured. "It actually inspired me to take you as a Padawan. I can help you build mental barriers to prevent him from getting back in. Now come, no reason to keep you trussed up like that."

Once he was freed, (Y/N) started to gently roll his wrists to get feeling back in his hands. Obi-Wan had left to get him more Jedi robes after telling him that his old set had been lost when the Sith had taken over his body, discarding them and donning the outfit he now wore. It somewhat freaked (Y/N) out, knowing that he was wearing clothes chosen by the sworn enemies of the Order. Yet it also felt strangely right, as if it was the garb he always should have been wearing.

Obi-Wan soon returned with the promised robes, as well as a Lightsaber sat on top of them. It was (Y/N)'s, though there were some modifications he didn't remember making. He chalked it up to the Sith raiding the parts closet while in control and making changes he found disagreeable. He'd have to fix that when he got the chance. (Y/N) picked up the lightsaber and held it in front of him, emitter raised. He turned it on, the orange blade lighting up the room.

'Oh, so that's what I got at the Gathering. That's good to know.'

(Y/N) turned the lightsaber off and asked Obi-Wan to leave the room so he could change. Obi-Wan obliged, leaving the cell. (Y/N) changed into the Jedi robes, though something about it felt off. Like he shouldn't be doing that, that it was just plain wrong. He pushed those sights aside, though, as Obi-Wan motioned for him to follow. (Y/N) attached his lightsaber to his hip and followed, walking through the Jedi temple. While they were, (Y/N) decided to ask some questions about the time that he couldn't remember.

"Master, is Ahsoka alright?" (Y/N) asked Kenobi. "I didn't hurt anyone too much, right?"

"No, you didn't thankfully," Kenobi assured. "It seemed the Sith wasn't used to having a physical body, and he was surprised when he actually got hit."

"That's good," (Y/N) sighed in relief. "Where are we going, anyway?"

"We're going to see the Council," the Jedi Master explained. "I want to show them my new Padawan, and assure them that there won't be a repeat incident."

The two continued their walk in silence. Once they reached the elevator that would take them to the chamber of the Jedi High Council, the two Temple Guards that flanked its door stepped aside, as Obi-Wan was always allowed up due to his being on the Council. When they reached the top of the elevator, the two walked into the center of the room, giving Master Yoda a bow as they entered.

"Masters, as I'm sure you're all aware, I've taken young (Y/N) here as my Padawan learner. Please do not hold his recent actions against him," Kenobi requested, "he wasn't fully present. The Sith he saw during his Trials was messing with his mind."

"Understandable, such a thing is," Yoda sighed. "Shroud everything, the Dark Side does. Be extra vigilant against it, you must be. The last attempt by him to do this, unlikely, it is."

"Indeed. (Y/N), could you return to your quarters please?" Kenobi requested. "It's getting late, and training starts bright and early. Temple Quarters Room 1138." (Y/N) bowed in acknowledgement before making his requested departure. Once the elevator was heard descending, the Masters began the discussion of the Holocron's results in earnest.

"It appears that the Holocron was a success!" Ki-Adi Mundi exclaimed, thrilled that his idea had worked. "I mean, you saw his eyes, not a trace of orange to them!"

"But that's also what concerns me," Obi-Wan interrupted. "I mean, just look at them."

(Y/N) walked down the halls of the Jedi Temple. Most people had turned in for the night, so he was alone for pretty much the entire walk. He was checking the various room numbers as he went, looking for his assigned room.

"They say the eyes are the windows to the soul," the voice of Obi-Wan iterated upon his previous statement, "but when I look into his eyes, I don't see... anything."

(Y/N) finally found his room, though he didn't exactly have a chance to meet the neighbors. He turned the key that Obi-Wan gave him to gain entry. He took off the robes that he had been given so that he could get ready to go to bed. Something about the room felt familiar, but it really shouldn't have. As far as (Y/N) knew, he had never even stepped foot in this room until right now. Until he was taken as a Padawan, he had only lived alongside his clan, though for whatever reason he still couldn't place which clan he had been in.

"No hatred, no anger, no fear," Obi-Wan elaborated to the Council, "but also no happiness, no compassion, no empathy."

(Y/N) started the shower in his attached bathroom, waiting for the water to warm up before jumping in. While he waited, he reflected upon everything that had happened to him, at least that he could remember, when he happened to catch a glance of himself in the mirror.

"Master Mundi, if your goal was to create a Jedi who could perfectly perform the first line of our Code perfectly, you've certainly succeeded."

(Y/N) placed a hand on his face, trying to determine what was off about his features. Everything was exactly as he remembered, from his facial hair starting to grow in, to the way the hair is styled. He spent so long trying to determine what was wrong, one could easily mistake him for Narcissus.

"We were trying to prevent him from embracing his negative emotions, and that should be celebrated. My concern is that in doing so, we've made it so he might not be able to feel anything at all."

(Y/N) finally figured out what felt wrong about his reflection. It was his eyes. Something about it just felt off. Suddenly, though, what exactly it was hit him like a freight train. Gray eyes stared back from the mirror, unsure of themselves.

"Didn't these used to be (E/C)?"