Fight at the Son's Tower

(Y/N) was sitting in the monastery's library, reading a tome written by Darth Bane in one hand while playing with a ball of lightning between his fingers in the other. Much of the tome was explaining why Bane instituted the rule of two, much of which (Y/N) found ranged from ridiculous, such as that the Master must never give the Apprentice all their knowledge, to the outright incorrect, such as claiming that the power of the Force is a venom rather than a fire.

"And he wondered why he couldn't complete the feats we had managed," Nox tutted at an unpresent Bane. "Still, that 'Dark Brotherhood' wasn't much better. 'Every Sith an equal,' what a horrendous idea."

There were some bits of his works which (Y/N) still found useful, though. A list of features that could be added to his lightsaber, such as a pressure-activated ignition switch, and a way to make it so his blade couldn't activate unless he wills it. Additionally, there was a compilation of powers at his disposal as a user of the Dark Side. Listed under the same section as the lightning that (Y/N) had used so often was Convection, the creation of heat and fire using the Force, and Cryokinesis, the opposite. Additionally, there were also a couple of other techniques (Y/N) was more hesitant to use. Drain Life, which did exactly what it said on the tin, and Death Field, also quite straightforward.

However, just as interesting to (Y/N) were the powers listed under the focus of the mind. The three that most caught his eye were memory walk, a power that allowed the user to view the memories of the one they use it upon, horror, which allowed the user to raise the level of fear in another to the point where it could cause insanity, and Crucitorn, a method to resist interrogation and torture.

Before (Y/N) could truly delve into how these powers were implemented, however, he heard someone running down the hallway. Looking out the door to the library, he saw Obi-Wan running to get the Father, (Y/N) could only assume. He went to follow, but before he got the chance, he was met with what he would classify as an issue.

"I sense a presence. One of extreme dark, even darker than you were, Nox," (Y/N) muttered. "And given that I've gotten used to the Son's presence... oh kriff, someone's in free fall." (Y/N) took off running behind Obi-Wan, wanting to know what was going on.

Free fall, the name (Y/N) had since given the state where one has fully given themselves to the Dark Side of the Force, and has willingly severed all of their connections in their pursuit of power. Looking around to make sure he wasn't being watched, he stuffed the books into his robe, intending to smuggle it off the planet. He then gave chase to Obi-Wan, wanting to know what was going on.

When he arrived, he was met with Obi-Wan standing over an injured Father, with the Daughter attempting to heal his wounds. The Son could be seen flying away from them, heading back towards his tower.

"What happened?" (Y/N) asked, having just arrived.

"Why don't you tell me?" Obi-Wan retorted. "The Son just shot the Father with that Lightning you Sith love so much."

"Kenobi, getting mad at me for that is like me getting mad at you because Anakin used the Force to mess with me," (Y/N) countered. "We can talk about philosophy later, let's just address what's in front of us."

The Daughter knelt next to the Father, waving her hands over his body. She eventually stopped, saying that he needed rest. Kenobi insisted that he had to speak to the Father about the actions of the Son, though the Daughter insisted that he could wait. When Kenobi mentioned the Son's actions as of late, the Daughter remarked that he must have had his reasons.

"Reasons to murder your father?" Kenobi asked. "Surely you see it too. Your brother is falling to the Dark Side and has taken one of our friends."

"Yeah, he's in free fall," (Y/N) reinforced. Kenobi raised an eye skeptically at him, unsure of what he meant. "I've been spending some time in the library, and it would seem that the Dark Side has levels to it. The more connections you intentionally sever from others, the further you fall. The further you fall, the more powerful you feel. However, after a point, that feeling is all there is, it's a placebo. In fact, you are actually becoming weaker, as you begin to hate yourself, and what you hate is what you unconsciously use the Dark Side against. What you use the Dark Side against, after a point, starts to have it's very life force ripped away"