The Library of Mortis

When (Y/N) awoke the next morning, he was met with a climate outside the cave that was very reminiscent of spring. Thankfully, it seems he had gotten an early rise, ready to start the day. As he was exiting the cave, he saw the Children flying above him, Obi-Wan in the arms of the Daughter and Ahsoka in the arms of the Son. (Y/N) immediately began running to the monastery, hoping to catch whatever was happening. While he had no reason to keep them safe, it would look horrendous on his part if something happened to one of the Jedi and another survived to tell the council.

When (Y/N) arrived at the courtyard of the monastery, he was met with a garden divided in roughly half. One side was covered in black grass with a white pocket, over which the Daughter held Obi-Wan. The other side was the exact opposite, being white grass with a black pocket, over which the Son held Ahsoka. At the center of the garden stood Anakin, being goaded by the Father.

"I have ordered my children to kill your friends," the Father said, disappearing to a ledge above the garden. "The question is, which will you choose to save? Your Master? Or your Apprentice? You must now release the guilt and free yourself! By choosing!"

"NO!" Anakin screamed, not wanting to have to choose one of them to live and the other to die.

"They're too powerful for us, Anakin!" Obi-Wan yelled. "Save Ahsoka!" Anakin looked over to his Padawan, who was crying out in pain as the Son attempted to rip her arm off.

"Let them go," Anakin threatened the Father, who gave no reaction.

"Only you can release them," the Father stressed.

"Anakin, the planet is the Force," Obi-Wan pointed out. "Use it."

Anakin closed his eyes to concentrate, feeling the Force around him. Then, in a voice very similar to that of the Father, said, "You will let them go." He stretched one arm at either beast, releasing a massive Force push that would have knocked (Y/N) away if it wasn't for how he braced himself for it. As Anakin was tapping into the Force, the lines separating the different colors of grass began to glow golden and the sky began to rapidly change, going from day to night and back again. The two children were still flying, though not through any will of their own, as their wings had stopped beating long ago. Anakin lowered his arms, and as he did the two other Jedi fell to the ground, temporarily freed from the grasp of the children. Anakin then pulled the two somewhat closer, before throwing them into the wall. The two quickly recovered and went to attack Ahsoka and Obi-Wan, however Anakin interrupted them once again, grabbing the two with the Force and forcing them to their knees before him.

A small detail that (Y/N) picked up was that, as they were starting to kneel, (Y/N) heard slight mechanical breathing coming from Anakin, though he shrugged it off as possibly a trick of the Force due to the sheer power on display right now.

"OK, remind me never to piss him off," (Y/N) muttered to himself, in awe of how Anakin had used the Force to manipulate the entirety of the planet, as well as a pair of beings at once, both of whom fancied themselves gods.

"And now you see who you truly are," the Father chided, as if speaking to a child. "Only the chosen one could tame both my children,"

"I've taken your test. Now fulfill your promise and let us go," Anakin pleaded angrily, having had it up to here with the Father's games.

"Ah, but first, you must understand the truth. Now, all of you, leave us. Including you, Sith."

(Y/N) left his little hiding spot, not entirely surprised at being called out. He was rubbing the back of his neck, fully expecting a lecture from the two Jedi who were just nearly killed.

"Before you start, it seemed Anakin had it handled," (Y/N) explained. "Father, do you mind if I 'leave you' in the library?"

"Very well, so long as you leave us," the Father.

(Y/N) nodded his head before leaving for the monastery library. When he arrived, he was met with a room that was far larger on the inside than the outside walls would suggest. The room had higher walls than the bookshelves, which was painted in a red-grey-green gradient. (Y/N) could only assume that the color of the wall corresponded to the Force alignment of the author, due to the way the coloration matched the iconic colors of the two children. So, in an effort to find the prophecies Qui-Gon had mentioned, he went towards the red side of the room.

The contents of the bookshelves were maddening, constantly shifting as new books were written or destroyed. His eyes closed, attempting to use the Force to detect a tome before it would shift away. He held one of his hands out, ready to grab when his instincts told him too. As if the Force itself was telling him when, he opened his eyes and shot his hand forward, landing on a book by one Sorzyus Syn, with various scribblings in the margins by Yoda and, of course, Windu.

As he read, he was met with the history of the ancient Sith Empire. How the original human Sith Lords were once Jedi whom the Jedi Council sought to execute for their use of the Dark Side, how Ajunta Pall and the like had made Korriban into a training world, and Ziost into the capital. It also discussed the various treasures and artifacts that Syn had encountered or created, however only one of them stood out to (Y/N). The Sith Abattar, an amulet which translates any language spoken or written for the wearer. However, wearing it also causes the wearer to hear the ramblings of ghosts. Syn considered this an upside to learn the ancient knowledge of the ghosts. (Y/N), however, saw this as a downside, not wanting to go mad.

There was further discussion of the history and composition of the Sith species before the Dark Lords arrived and a bestiary, before (Y/N) found a section most interesting. It was a section on Sith Alchemy, the ancient art of transforming organic tissue as the user saw fit. He saw a warning from Mace about how the council rejected all inquiry into living alchemy, which didn't concern (Y/N) at all. He had no intention of ever using anything he found on the living, for it would put upon them the very chains he wished to break. The pictures of the process showed that the use of lightning was involved, though the exact process wasn't mentioned. That was something (Y/N) would have to look into later.

Finally, (Y/N) happened upon the section he was looking for, discussing the Sith Code and the prophecies of the Sith'ari and the Sith'o'khan. It mentioned the Jedi Code, which (Y/N) had been forced to memorize during his time as a Jedi. The Sith Code was an inversion of it, one which seemed to flow a little better. Each line flowed into the other, unlike the Jedi Code which went to an entirely new idea with each line. There was a note from Mace about what Syn was saying about the Jedi Code, but (Y/N) found it ridiculous, as always.

The prophecy of the Sith'ari was about a perfect being, though (Y/N) was unsure that was entirely possible. After all, except for the Ones, all beings die. The exact text went, 'The Sith'ari will be free of limits. The Sith'ari will lead the Sith and destroy them. The Sith'ari will raise the Sith from death and make them stronger than before.' This was followed by some discussion from Syn about how she might have been the Sith'ari, though (Y/N) was unsure given how the Sith Empire arose. This was followed by the prophecy of the Sith'o'khan, theorized to come after the fall of the Sith'ari.

'The Sith'o'khan will have only limits they place themselves. The Sith'o'khan will end the way of the Sith'ari, and raise from the ashes an old order. The Sith'o'khan will reshape their old order, and make it stronger than ever.'

"Well then, if that's really talking about me, I'm gonna have a lot of work to do," (Y/N) said to himself. "Now, what other ancient knowledge can be found here?"