Getting Off Taris

"I think I'll rename her the Reckoner," (Y/N) told Nox. "Just submit the registration fee, order the new hyperdrive, and done. Should be no issues getting back to the temple."

The holo form in front of him closed, replaced with the phrase, 'Your starship has been registered. Please have a nice day.' Looking in his bank account on his holopad, he found that most of his reward money had just gone right back to the Republic in order to get his ship registered. (Y/N) let out a groan, he was hoping to use at least some of that money to improve his armor. A robe is only going to protect so much.

"Alright, let's get back to the Temple since Master Che needs these." (Y/N) said to himself, silently laughing to himself at how easy it was to pull the wool over their eyes. If the ancient bureaucrats were this easy to fool, no wonder this place fell.

(Y/N) got behind the wheel of the Reckoner, booting up the engine and the commlink, and performing a weapons check. Unfortunately, pretty much all the weapons were non-functional, however the odds he would need them now are slim to none. He pulled upward on the controls, lifting the starship from the air. Almost immediately, the commlink began to buzz.

"Starships Reckoning and Recovery, this is Taris Traffic Control. Please give your clearance codes and advise as to your destination."

"This is Starship Reckoning, clearance code 'We shall meet it.' We have Starship Recovery in tow, clearance code 'A Healthy Blue.'"(Y/N) told them. "We are off to Coruscant to get the Rakghoul cure to Master Che."

"Codes check out, course looks good. Reckoning, you are clear for exit."

(Y/N) turned off the commlink, since he wouldn't need it until he arrived at Coruscant. "And we're away. Now, I'd better put that helmet away."

"And why is that?" Nox asked, not sure why the boy had to hide the helmet.

"The Jedi are great at sensing the Dark Side, at least in artifacts. That helmet definitely counts as such, and if they find it, they're just going to lock it in a vault." (Y/N) explains. "I don't think you want your only company to be the walls again."

"That's a fair point. Place it in the footlocker in the medical bay. I can use the Force to mask it there." Nox said.

(Y/N) nodded, placing the helmet where he was instructed.

"Assuming there hasn't been any massive galactic shift in the last 3600 years, there should be a few hours left until we reach Coruscant," Nox said. "Plenty of time for you to begin your training."

"Alright," (Y/N) said, determined. "What's first?"

Nox nodded his head in approval of (Y/N)'s eagerness to start. "First is meditation. Easily the worst part, but very important. I can assure you, this will not be like Jedi meditation."

(Y/N) groaned. Meditation was the worst part of Jedi training. Literally just sit there, close your eyes, and wait for Windu to say 'done.'

"Jedi meditation required you to block out all emotion, to be entirely serene. This is a mistake. Emotions are what give us direction, motivation, assuming we control them rather than the other way around," Nox explained. "Focus on your emotions, find the root of them, and think through where they would bring you. Rest assured this is only where it begins, and we shall focus on how to use them in the future."

(Y/N) sat on the floor of the ship in the position typical for meditation as he had many times before. This time, however, rather than attempting to push all emotion away, he instead embraced it. Specifically, he opened himself to his anger.

He saw images, snippets of his past. Master Windu's training, his transfer to the Service Corp. All of the events before he left for Taris. All events that sparked his anger. As he did, he felt warmth dancing across his skin. His head, into his arms, and down to his hands. From behind came the voice of Nox.

"Good, very good," Nox said, seeing lightning dance across the boy's body. "You are progressing faster than even I expected. Already you are harnessing your lightning, controlling it. Tell me, what emotion are you harnessing?"

"Anger," (Y/N) replied. "It is the freshest right now."

"Be careful, apprentice," Nox warned. "Anger is the easiest to channel, but the hardest to control. Do not allow it to get the better of you."

Some lightning began to arc from (Y/N)'s body into some of the electronics around the ship. (Y/N) saw all of the times Windu lectured him, spoke disparagingly towards him, how the man seemed to have no care at all. Clearly, the boy was losing control.

"(Y/N)!" Nox exclaimed, trying to get the boy out of the meditative state. (Y/N)'s eyes snapped open, the lightning dissipating.

"You need to remember the most important thing: control. If you don't maintain control, your anger will gladly take the wheel." Nox said. "You're still trying to make it all or nothing, as the Jedi demanded. You're either ice cold or boiling hot. Try to meet yourself in the middle, more of a simmer. Try it again."

The two continued their training until an alarm blared, noting when they were ready to come out of hyperspace. So, (Y/N) got behind the controls and pulled the lever on the Reckoner, taking her out of hyperspace. The massive city-planet of Coruscant came into view, the light from the towers spreading around the planet like the arteries of the planet. (Y/N) turned on the commlink, just in time for planetary control to begin talking over it.

"Starships Reckoner and Recovery, this is Coruscant Traffic Control, please transmit verification codes."

"Coruscant Traffic Control, this is starship Reckoner, verification code 'We shall meet it.' I'm towing the starship Recovery, verification code 'A Healthy Blue," (Y/N) replied, giving the proper codes.

"Starship Reckoner, your codes check out but our timelines don't. When you left, you claimed that Master Che was needed on Christophsis, and yet the Recovery was landed on Taris," the CTC operator stated. "Additionally, you claimed to be bringing Master Che with you, yet she was right here on Coruscant. So, would you kindly explain what's really going on here?"