A Conversation With Nox

"Hold on, who are you?" (Y/N) questioned. "I mean, I know you introduced yourself, but 'your ancestor' really doesn't narrow it down."

"I am Darth Nox, holder of titles too numerous to list." the apparition replied.

"Hold on, Darth?" (Y/N) asked, leveling his lightsaber. "You're a Sith Lord!"

"I was, at one time. I was also a slave at one time, but no more! The only chains still upon me are those keeping me to this place." Nox explained. "Those which I placed upon myself. Ones which tie me here. So that I may assist you, my lineage, out of the new form of slavery you have found yourself in, as Kallig once did for me."

"OK, then how can you tell that I'm your descendant?" (Y/N) questioned. It made no sense that the ghost could tell who he was.

"In the same way Kallig knew I was his descendant, I know you are mine. When I first touched my lightsaber," Nox began, looking to his belt where a lightsaber would sit, "Kallig's spirit was stirred from his slumber beneath the Dark Temple on Dromund Kaas. Similarly, the first time you used my lightning, I was stirred from mine."

"Alright, then why are you talking to me? Why did you bring me here?" (Y/N) asked. "I mean, clearly it wasn't the force alone that was calling me to this place."

Nox's spirit chuckled. "You are right about that, (Y/N). See, this is where Kallig and I differ. Kallig wanted me to bring our family back to relevance, to glory. In that, I succeeded. However, I am here to prevent catastrophe and tyranny."

"Were you not a tyrant, in life?" (Y/N) asked. From what the Masters in the Order had said, all the Sith desired was power, control, and to rule over others.

"I admit, I was among the top twelve of tyranny, in my time. But at the same time, I was the most liberalist of the twelve. I supported an expansion of rights for aliens. I pushed for an end to sentient slavery. But in the end, I alone was not enough. There was a reason why I began supporting your Republic in secret once Valkorian was defeated."

(Y/N) narrowed his eyes, not entirely sure whether to believe the ghost or not. On the one hand, he had vaguely heard of a high-level member of the old Sith Empire defecting, but on the other hand, he was talking to a Sith LORD! A Darth no less!

"Tell me, (Y/N), what could I say that would ease your worries?" Nox asked, discouraged by the distrust his descendant was showing him.

"Tell me," (Y/N) began. I've struggled with using the Force in ways the Jedi desired for as long as I've been in the Order. So why did Lightning come so easily?"

"That would actually be thanks to me." Nox explained. "See, when I was alive, I was able to hone my lightning, perfecting it. It took twenty years devoted entirely to it, but I was able to wield my lightning without effort. And now, it would seem the Force has rewarded me for my efforts, as my lineage can do the same. Once they are exposed to a decent amount of electrical pain, of course. After all, why wouldn't a demigod excel at their parent's domain?"

"What do you mean, demigod?" (Y/N) asked.

Nox chuckled. "An old superstition among the Sith tribes of Yavin 4. For reasons that would take too long to explain, when I arrived in their village, the entire sky lit up purple."

(Y/N)'s gaze drifted down to his hand which was holding his lightsaber. His thoughts going back to the bolt which came from that same hand within the Jedi Temple and the things that happened which allowed him to do so. Was this spirit really his ancestor? It added up, as soon as he understood the pain of electricity, he was able to reflect it perfectly on the droid.

"Regardless," Nox said, pulling (Y/N) from his thoughts, "you need training. Just because you can use lightning doesn't mean you have the best control. You nearly fried the Ruin's engines when you shocked the plants off. And I think I know exactly where to go for your training."

"Where is it?" (Y/N) asked Nox, not wanting to simply go where he said. Stranger danger and all that. "And what 'training' will you provide?"

"Odesson." Nox explained. "It's one of the strangest planets in the galaxy. In the northern hemisphere, it is a nexus for the light side of the force. In the south, the dark. As for training, it will be to wield the Dark Side of the Force without allowing it to control you, similar to the Sith of my era."

"As much as I'd love to learn more about the Force, isn't the Dark Side super dangerous? Like, warps your personality into that of a genocidal maniac?" (Y/N) asked, recalling what few lessons the Jedi taught about the Dark Side.

"Only if you allow yourself to get lost in it." Nox corrected. "But that can be explained on Odesson, anyway. You are my descendant. I assure you, I will do nothing to you that will put you in fatal danger as part of your training. Not like that Master Windu your mind keeps recalling."

"Wait, how do you know about Mace Windu?" (Y/N) asked, having never told Nox about what happened to him at the Temple.

"Simple. Your mind is like an open book, at least to anyone with the ability to read." Nox explained. "Yet another thing which I can teach you that the Jedi will likely refuse to."

(Y/N) thought on the offer. He would love to take it, become more powerful and prove Windu and the other Jedi wrong. But did he really trust Nox at this point? Perhaps the Jedi Archives could provide some answers. Plus, this was a very nice ship he could use.

"Even if I were to accept your offer, I have a couple of errands I need to run first. I need Rakghoul tissue to sell to the local government for medical use, and then I need to return the ship I arrived in." (Y/N) clarified.

Nox put his hand on his chin. "In the medical bay, I have some old samples from my time. How useful the government would find them, I don't know, but they'd likely pay you for them."

This is where I leave things in your hands, readers. You can either choose to take Nox's tissue samples, which have a lower chance of saving those six people, or you can hunt for fresh samples. More likely to save them, but more dangerous.

Make Your Choice.