Space Station Massacre

Jaxon Courd was not having a good day. If you asked him, he would say it wasn't a good life, either. Born sixteen galactic years ago on the backwater planet Chandrila, he had spent the entirety of his life since he was ten working toward getting off of the agriworld. He couldn't stand working in the fields, and while droids certainly would've made the work easier, Jaxon would've been the first to tell you that his father was an eccentric man so stuck in his ways that the Senate would tell him to progress a little.

So, he left. He spent two months' pay on a shuttle seat off-planet, one that was bound for the mean streets of Nar Shadaa. The problem was, it never arrived. They had to make a stop in the Jabiim system to drop off a shipment, but the ship had been caught in a tractor beam and forced to dock at a station, coincidentally the same one he was standing on right now. As for how he had joined the crew that had kidnapped him? Well, let's just say it took blood, sweat, tears, and a few lost extremities.

As for why this day in particular sucked, his group had been ordered to clean the engine compartment, arguably the worst job on the station. They had nearly gotten it done, too, when the alarms started blaring. Evidently, someone in the security area kriffed up their one job and tractor beamed a ship that wasn't even heading for them, and wasn't on the objective list. His group was ordered to drop everything and back up the hangar security forces. Jaxon was ready to help, but Depth, his group leader, told him to stay put and keep cleaning.

"It's gonna be dangerous," he said, "too dangerous for someone your age."

So, Jaxon continued to clean and had finally finished it, when suddenly, the lights went out.

The emergency lights came on, bathing the entire station in flashing red lights. What the hell had they pulled onto the station that it warranted an evac order? Jaxon threw the sweeper to the floor and began making his way to the escape pods, palming his blaster the entire way through, just in case. The closer he got to them, the more he saw. Bodies, strewn across the floors, all of them somehow burned. The only thing that separated them were the patches that denoted their crew, and the fact that some were burned across a mere slash while others had entire sections charred. Some of them would likely never be identified, their faces so deformed from... whatever had done this to them, that the head was now entirely featureless.

"Kriff," Jaxon muttered to himself, taking on a much stealthier demeanor now that he had seen all of this. The closer he got to the escape pods, the louder the sound of screaming became. Whatever was doing this was still here, and far too close for comfort. Jaxon mashed the buttons on the console for the door, trying to force it open. It just kept beeping at him, refusing his commands.

"C'mon, c'mon..." he said, occasionally looking behind him to ensure that whatever was doing this wasn't behind him. The screams were getting louder, but Jaxon couldn't make out which direction they were coming from. Eventually, Jaxon had enough. He pulled his blaster from its holster and shot the control panel. He was certain that Depth would be angry with him, but he had no time to worry about that now. He couldn't pay off the door if he wasn't alive to earn his keep. The sound of the blaster rang out, echoing down the halls, drowning out the sound of screaming for a short time. The door parted, allowing Jaxon to ingress into the escape pod bay. There were around twenty of them for this level, each able to hold about eight people per pod. Jaxon began typing at the console, trying to get one of them to open and let him in. As he was configuring a vector for the pod's launch, he heard pounding at the other door.

"Help!" they yelled, causing Jaxon to whip his head around. There, looking at him through the glass, was Depth. Jaxon rushed over and opened the door, letting his commander in. He was limping, nearly falling into Jaxon's arms.

"Depth, what's going on?" Jaxon asked. "All I've heard is screaming."

"It's a monster," the eyepatched man replied. "Some kind of Jedi, but there's nothing peaceful about him. He... god, he killed everyone!"