(13)✅

"I never imagined such insane people exist on this earth" I raged at them for being so rude

I entered his room and pushed open the door. I removed the blanket and held him close to me as I walked up to the bed. Though I was so angry at the maids, I knew that I had to focus on his health more than anything else. Though, he never accepted me as a brother but I am not as harsh as them to ignore the fact he is unwell.

I dipped the towel in the water and draped it over his brow. He may be annoying, but I am not one of them. He is my brother, and I owe it to him to help him.

"w-what a-ar-"he said opening his eyes

I said "shhhh sleep."

His eyes were bloodshot and he appeared frail.

"wh-"

"You can't seem to stay still. I told you to go to sleep " I added, raising my voice slightly.

He closed his eyes, yet a faint smile appeared on his face.

"Can you tell me why you're smiling?"

he said, shutting his eyes. "You look cute when you're angry."

"You're sick with a fever and you're talking. Can't you sleep? "

He's on a whole other level, but what did he call me? CUTE!! Has the fever reached his head?

"w-wait! What did you refer to me as?"

"cute. Is it the first time you've been called cute?"

Is he all right? Why is he behaving so nicely? I was ready to walk away when he grabbed my hand. I should get some medicines from my room.

"Can you tell me why you're doing this?" he asked.

"What do you mean?"

"helping me."

"It's all about humanity. I'm concerned about you and don't want you to be sick. I genuinely care about each and every one of them."

"I've taken my medication already. Stay with me."

He motioned me to have a seat.

"Why are you behaving so kind to me?" I said, perplexed by his behaviour.

"That's something I should ask you." he stated as he stood up, but I pushed him back with a gentle reproach.