4| dream or reality?

Giana pov 

where am I? where is this place? I was confused and anxious but i saw a little girl but the strange thing was that it was none other than me? is it a dream or a reality?

standing across the beautiful lake, she waited for her someone to come and pick her up from the park, It looked as if her teacher was standing next to her  and  all of her friends were already gone. she was only left.

"Aisera, why don't you have a seat till your dad comes."

she hummed in response and sat on the bench, her hands on her bare face, waiting for the car to arrive. it was around 7:30 PM.

suddenly i remembered that  after a long discussion with my parents, they allowed me to go the picnic with my friends. all of my favorite teachers and my friends were there too. i was so happy that day. i walked closer in order not to let anyone see me but as i was about to go, someone bumped into me but i didn't feel anything. the man had run across me as if i was a ghost to him. 

suddenly, she heard a honk and as soon as she looked up, someone waved at me from the car. she smiled and waved back. 

WAIT? isn't he David? how the heck i didn't remember anything when i had met them at the orphanage. had i lost my memory. but, why didn't David tell me he knew that Robert had a daughter. what is happening? 

"uncle, where is dad?" she smiled as he caught her by his hand, picking her a small kiss on forehead.

"he was busy so i thought why not to pick you up. did you enjoy the picnic?"

"YES! I ENJOYED SO MUCH!" 

"that's wonderful." he took her towards the car and made her sit on the seat, pulling the seat-belt. 

"want some ice-cream?"

"YES! YES!" 

did i ever smile so much? obviously, life was all pleasant before 6-7 years. it was strange but pleasant to see but i was so in thought that i didn't see them leaving. i started running, not able to locate the direction of the car. how was i going to find the house but suddenly everything turned black and all i remembered that i had fainted.

"why did you come so late?" Aisera was looking down, while an elder woman in her late thirties. 

maybe it was my mother. yes, i had found the house but i don't know how. everything felt so strange about the house. she was maybe my mother who looked angry at my younger self. 

"uncle took me out for some ice-cream."

"and you fucking agreed to it?"

how could she curse in front of a 6 year old. what impact would it leave on them. i was devastated to believe that this WAS my real mother. i had always believed that she was nice and calm but it was totally opposite of it. 

"i am home!" a tired voice came from the main door. a man entered the house, his eyes dull and it looked as if he had a rough day. it was Robert who came inside looking anxious and tired. 

"DAD!" younger self ran towards him to give a big hug. he hugged her and kissed her on her cheeks.

"How was the trip? did you enjoy it?" 

What is going on? how the fuck Robert is being all nice to me. wasn't he supposed to hate me to core? What the fuck is going on here? 

"GO TO YOUR ROOM!" the lady screamed. all i could feel was bad for myself. how more bad can your childhood be when your mother is like this? 

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT HER?" Robert yelled back in annoyance. 

suddenly a young boy entered the hall, frightened by his mother's glare, he rushed to his room but it was too late. she gripped him from the back and slapped him hard.

"WHERE WERE YOU?"

"i-i am s-sorry m-mom."

and what i saw was enough to make me shocked. she started hitting him. i looked over Robert who didn't do anything and stood silently. i saw Aisera running downstairs and holding her mom's hand. 

"NO MOM! DON'T HURT BROTHER!" she shouted. 

so, he was the brother i had.  

"GET OFF!" she slapped her as she fell on the ground. 

i couldn't watch it any further. what was all this? my head started to spin and all i could hear was screams. 

"great mom." i heard a voice but the worst thing was, i knew who it was.

present 

"WAKE UP GIANA! it's just a dream."

i immediately stood up, knowing that i had been sweating so much. was it a dream? was it a past memory? 

"hey look at me. its all fine." Zephyr cupped my cheeks, looking worriedly at me.

i was breathing heavily. i wanted to say something but no words came out of my mouth. i didn't know how to react. 

"come and sit." 

he made me sit on the bed as he patted my back. 

"was it too bad?" he asked politely, not wanting to frighten me.

i just nodded my head not wanting to say anything. 

"it's okay. i am here. should i get you some water?" he was about to go but i held his hand. 

"can you stay for a minute?"

i didn't know why i was acting this way. all i wanted was someone next to me 

"okay." he replied saying, "sleep. i am here." 

i lied down and closed my eyes but all i could remember was the dream i had. was i getting back my memories of past or was it just a normal bad dream. why was Robert being nice to me when he just hated me. secondly, did David know that I was Robert's child? 

"don't think so hard. just sleep."

"How did y-"

"shhh sleep" 

i nodded my head and decided to get all these out of my mind and focus on the party we are having tomorrow. 

next morning

the weather was sunny and beautiful. i opened the windows of the room to let the fresh air come. it was 6:30 AM. i didn't have the best sleep but i didn't take any notice to it. my major concern was the dream. should i tell it to someone? there is one person whom i can say this. i quickly dialed the number.

"Hello? Are you free?

"what's wrong Giana? hey? everything good?"

"No, everything is fine. just wanted to have a talk with you."

"GIANA! IT IS FREAKING 6:30 AM IN THE MORNING? IS THIS A TIME TO CALL?"

to be continued...

Sorry for updating after a whole damn month. Life has been stressful but i am trying my best to be as productive as i can..

Love you all