3| what is wrong?

"we must resolve this."

that's the only word that came out of Dante's lips. he was concerned about her well- being. he knew how much Giana had to face at such a young age. trying to keep all the negative thoughts aside, he walked into his room where Valentina and his mom were sitting while chatting with each other. 

Stella beckoned Dante to have a seat, saying, "Come son, sit down. How have things been going in life?

He answered, stretching his arms to indicate how exhausted he was, "a lot different mum."

"I am really happy for you that you established a business and that it is succeeding so well."

Stella loved each of her sons very much. In her eyes, they were all rounder. Being raised in such a setting tends to make one egoistic and terrible in nature, but they weren't like that, at least among their family. None of the three brothers had any rivalry for one another. Nobody was eager to become the next mafia king out of avarice. The entire family stood out.

Mafias are typically thought to be harsh, yet they weren't to the followers of them. Guns were the focus of their principal business, as well as the procurement and upkeep of such weapons.

Several people envied them since they were all amazed at how David became the mafia king.

"It's all because to Dad helping me. He was always there for me, as well as Valentina." Valentina responded with a faint grin as he continued to grasp her hands.

"I am very fortunate to have you as a daughter-in-law.

"come on mum, I'm like your own daughter."

Dante was pleased with how fast Valentina got to know the entire family without incident.

He was happy that Giana had also acquired a conversation partner. His focus abruptly turned to Giana's words. What may have gone wrong for her to be acting this way.

"I'll leave now. Both of you need to relax. I'll let you know during dinner."

Valentina and Dante were left alone in the room when Stella departed.

"How's my baby?"

he softly said as he patted her belly with his large hands. He placed his ear next to her belly as if he wanted to hear the heartbeat of the child. Valentina chuckled at his gesture and retorted, "The baby is fine and is glad to hear his dad care so much."

"I'm grateful, Valentina. How delighted I am to be home is beyond words. Our kid will be happy to have such lovely grandparents, uncles, and aunts. To be quite honest, I cannot wait to find out the gender of our baby oh! you have a health checkup tomorrow, which I failed to mention. I must immediately make a doctor's appointment"

Dante called the doctor's phone right away.

"Hello, doctor."

"Good evening, Dante. How's Valentina doing?"

Due to his father, Dante had a close relationship with the doctor.

"She's Alright, thank you. Why did you text me that I should call you?

"I wanted to check on her and secondly, since she is already 18 weeks pregnant, it is the right time to know about the gender of the child. If you are not too busy, I can schedule the ultrasound for tomorrow."

Dante's happiness had no bounds. He was getting to know about the gender of the baby.

"YES! We will surely visit the hospital tomorrow Doctor. Thank you so much."

"what did the doctor say?" Valentina asked eagerly waiting for the answer.

"WE WILL GET TO KNOW ABOUT THE GENDER OF OUR BABY! OH GOD!"

he almost screamed, giving her a hug and planting a soft yet passionate kiss on her forehead.

"Calm down honey!" she laughed out.

"CALM DOWN? I CAN'T CONTROL MY HAPPINESS!"

All valentine felt was happy to know how much Dante cared about her and her baby who was coming after 4 months.

"I have got a plan." Dante said 

Time skip

"Mom, the food tastes so good." Zephyr spoke while focusing on the delicious meal in front of him.

"because your mom worked so hard to make it,"David continued.

"really, mom?"

Hunter was taken aback. Not just him; everyone was taken aback. Since there were so many staff, Stella seldom prepared any meals. But she made the decision to prepare dinner for her family today. as she used to when all her sons were little boys. They took in the opportunity to revisit their childhoods. how Stella made an effort to attend to her son's needs despite having a hard day at work.

However, their father was unique. He was constantly working, which caused him to feel a sense of separation from his boys.

"Mom, it's amazing." With a smile, Valentina said.

"We've got some news to share." Dante stated while getting out of his seat.

"What is that?" Hunter questioned in a perplexed manner.

He said, to everyone's utter amazement, "we got a call from the doctor that tomorrow we might know about the gender of the child."

"oh gosh! I can't wait for it at all." Stella answered with a look of undying love in her eyes.

"How about a gender reveal celebration tomorrow. since, we had made the decision to have a party." dante suggested

"That's a fantastic idea."

"Where are Aaron and Giana?" asked Dante.

"Giana is in her room, and Aaron had to leave because of some urgent work. She explained to me that she chose to eat in her room since she had some crucial projects to finish."

Dante said in an uncertain tone, "Okay, mom."

Was she deliberately neglecting the dinner party or was there some genuine assignment?

Everyone began to concentrate on their food while conversing intermittently.

"Where are you going, brother?" Zephyr questioned Dante, who appeared a little nervous and disturbed.

"I just wanted to see how Giana was doing."

"I'll visit her soon. You must relax and sleep."

"Are you sure?"

He assured him, "yes," and walked out of the hall.

"What's the matter with him? Why is he so concerned."

Zephyr was perplexed by his actions. He shrugged and went towards her room, only to discover that the lights were out. He carefully entered the room and turned on the lights to discover Giana dozing. On the table, all of the books were scattered. He approached her bedside.

"this girl never eats her food."

He commented after observing the partially loaded plate of food.

How adorable and innocent she appeared when sleeping off. It was hard to hold back tears while looking at her condition since her doe eyes had hidden the deepest suffering at such a young age. Zephyr had become close to her and was the one who looked after her the most.

He bid her good night with a kiss on the forehead. But just as he turned to go, he heard a voice that startled him.

to be continued... 

Please do vote and comment...