(25)✅

“She is downstairs, sir

“She is downstairs, sir.”

I felt as if I had found her after long years. I breathed a sigh of relief and immediately hurried downstairs as soon as we heard it to find Giana standing there with a few books in her hand. I don't know what happened to me that moment. I felt I had lost her forever. It's just been few weeks and we all have grown so close to her.

I approached her by moving forward. She seemed perplexed.

"What h-"

I yelled "WHERE WERE YOU?"

I could see she flinched upon hearing me. She deserved a good scolding. If mom would have been here, she would have done the same thing.

"I was, um, in the library. I discovered a nice library and decided to get some books to read there."

"And you didn't let us know?"

I yelled in wrath. I made an effort not to frighten her but it was difficult to contain my rage.

"I did inform the maids."

"YOU DID NOT INFORM ANYONE IN THE FAMILY! How can you be so immature?"

"Dante, calm down."

"I AM TALKING." i said to zephyr staring at him.

"reply to me, Giana! Why didn't you let us know?"

"I apologise, I forgot."

"That is not how things work. I understand that you're new and that it's difficult to catch up, but you can't act like a little kid. You had the option to inform. Do you realise how anxious everyone was?"

"we thought that something bad happened to you. We contacted you several times yet you didn't pick up the phone. This place is new to you and so are the people. HOW COULD YOU BE LIKE THIS?"

She hugged the books close to her chest with her head down.

"When I talk to you, look at me Giana."

She gently raised her gaze. As I approached, she took a step back.

"I won't do you harm Giana. I am your brother." I said softly. I knew she was scared.

I extended my arms to embrace her. Her hesitant appearance hurt my heart. Did I treat her harshly? I approached her and knelt down at her level to cup her cheeks. She has become a part of our life. The love I have for my brothers is same what I feel for her. She is as special as my brothers to me. I gave her an embrace