(19)✅

The gathering had come to an end. The guests had all gone their own ways, and the lads were worn out to the bone.

Giana did not descend the steps. She was mentally too worn out to join them. Everything was so sudden that she felt weak going down.

She didn't want to trouble anyone of them. Hunter checked upon her twice and she pretended that she had slept. She asked one of the maids to arrange for a space for her to rest, and they obliged.

The news that Giana was in the room but not at the party, on the other hand, caught everyone's attention

"What happened to her?"

"Sir, she said that she was exhausted and wanted to relax."

Dante started to say, "i'll check to see if she's okay or not," but grandma interrupted him.

"Son, let her relax. She must be worn out from her travels."

But, Grandma?"

She rubbed his shoulder and said "I know you're worried, but let her sleep."

"As you say, Grandma."

The grandparents made the decision to check on Giana as everyone went to their rooms.

"Honey, you just stopped Dante, and we're heading to her room now."

"He needs to relax since he is quite exhausted. Moreover, you haven't met her, therefore I think we should go see her."

They approached the room and cautiously peered inside to see whether she was asleep, but to their surprise, she was seated by the window and gazing outside.

My thoughts have been filled with so many negative thoughts. Does the fact that he is a member of their family make them members of the Mafia?

if the answer is yes, was that what my mother intended to tell me at the coffee shop?

The fact that I wanted to tell them everything but I suppose, I can't say them anything.

Suppose he harms my nanny. I am unable to help her since I am out of station. No! NO! I can't allow anyone to touch her.

I was deep in thought when I heard a knock at the door. I turned back to find them there with a smile on their faces and said