(30)✅

Here I am in front of a large crowd, watching everyone have a good time. I had no idea that a lavish celebration would be planned for my birthday.

I feel awful standing next to them knowing what I've done to them. Robert will arrive shortly. I don't know what's going through his ruthless mind.

I am aware that his intentions for everyone are bad. He is not even concerned with his family.

"Congratulations Giana" said one of the women who arrived with my mother.

I politely uttered "thank you" as she handed me a present.

I nodded in agreement as mum said, "meet your aunt, Bella. remember, I told you about her?"

"Yes, mum, thank you so much for coming to this party,"

I welcomed each visitor with respect as more visitors arrived. My eyes, however, were roving around to determine whether Robert had arrived or not.

"What's the issue? " zephyr questioned as he crossed my shoulder with his hand.

"huh? There's nothing wrong."

"You look so anxious. Chill! Your birthday is today. Enjoy yourself."

How can I enjoy when Aaron isn't with me anymore.

As we both made our way to the main hall, I smiled. I couldn't enjoy the party since I had never wanted it to take place. Robert's plan is what has me worried since I have no idea what he will do.

"yeah! Yeah! That is Giana! So pitiful!" Two women who were standing together said, "Her brother died a few days ago, and here they are celebrating her birthday."

I could hear everything they said.

"Why would she care, of course? He wasn't even her real brother."

After hearing this, my heart shattered into a million pieces. NO! I cherished him! He was like a true brother to me. They have always been important to me!

"a worthless orphan!"

As tears ran from my eyes, I was unable to tolerate their comments and fled the hall.

"feeling sad?"  a voice said to me. I quickly wiped my eyes, and when I glanced back, Hunter and Dante were there.

"n-no, why would I be sad?"

"Don't put up such a tough front Giana. We overheard them saying that."

"No, I-I didn't feel at all bad" i said.

"really?" Hunter enquired while wiping away a few tears from the eyes.

"If you didn't care about them, why are you sobbing. "

"I said! Their comments meant nothing to me since I am fine."

"why are you acting differently today?", Dante questioned as he drew nearer, but I stopped him.

I have to tell them everything today! I've had enough of everything, and I need to find a way out.

"I'm not acting any differently,"