Alive AU: Coin

[Noah x Michael: before dating]

-EC-

"Do you like me now?"

"Nope."

Michael scowled. "Come on," he coaxed again with a grin on his face. "I know you like me, Noah. Why can't you just be honest?" he patted Noah's shoulder who immediately brushed his hand away, Michael chuckled. "So stubborn."

"The stubborn one is you, Afton," Noah replied, rolling his eyes bored. "I've told you many times that I—"

"Love Michael Afton. Yep, I know!"

"—do not like you." Noah squinted at the younger man, then he turned his attention back to the book—Michael pulled the book away. "What now?"

The eldest Afton grinned widely. "I can prove that you like me," Michael said confidently, while Noah raised an eyebrow; interested.

"How?"

"Coin."

Noah frowned at that. "You're going to toss a coin in the air and say I like you? It's clear that your proof is very childish."

"I pretend I didn't hear it," Michael said, waving a hand and pulling a coin out of his pocket, a mischievous grin forming on his face. "I'll throw it high, if it's a tail that means Noah likes me, if a head—"

"I hate you."

"—means Noah loves me." As if he didn't care about Noah cutting him off, Michael prepared to toss a coin. "And if it's red," Michael continued, looking at Noah meaningfully, "then you're really in love with me."

Noah frowned again. "Coins only have two sides in case you forgot."

"Well, thanks for reminding me."

Then Michael immediately threw the coin high—so high that Noah had to look up. But Noah was stunned when Michael grabbed him by the collar, bringing them even closer.

And Michael pressed their lips gently.

Noah couldn't stop being surprised even though it was only for a quarter of a second, very short, but it made his heart beat wildly as the heat burned his face.

At one point, Michael caught a coin that had floated with ease, then saw what appeared;

Tail.

Michael sighed in disappointment. "You only like me," he said desperately, then seeing Noah's reaction was still the same as before made him create a sweet smile.

"Fall in love with me now, eh Carter?"

Noah didn't reply, but he cursed what Michael said seemed true.