Hanahaki Disease AU: Decaying

[Warning: disturbing, angst]

-VV-

"You have to see your own face. Pft."

Vincent ignored Victor's words, he was still like being struck by lightning. His fingers began to tremble, his breathing slowly became irregular, the pain in his chest grew tighter. He looked up only to find an amused smile from his brother who was now styling his hair to resemble his own.

William's words from a moment ago still echoed in his head.

"Then death is better for you!"

Hurts.

It hurts.

He had tried his best to heed the issues that occurred in the past and wanted to mend their relationship. He had tried to deal with the things that happened outside of the plan, he had tried his best. However, what did he get?

"I hate you."

It really hurts.

His anger overflowed, his eyes heated up seeing Victor not showing the slightest sense of guilt. Victor only showed a faint mocking smile, satisfaction clearly mapped on his haughty face. A face that made it seem as if he was standing in front of a mirror.

Their identical faces had opposite expressions.

The plans he devised wouldn't fall apart if Victor weren't around. None of this would have happened if Victor had not appeared sooner than he expected while trapped in the void.

It was all his fault.

Victor.

"You ... bastard ...." His low voice cracked, Vincent restrained himself from sobbing and clenched his fists so tightly that his nails dug deep into his skin.

Slowly he felt his strength increase drastically, sparks of purple glow appeared as his fury continued to skyrocket. The feeling was raging. If Victor wasn't there, none of this would have happened. Everything will go smoothly. His plan will work and he won't break his promise to the eldest Afton to live together again ...

His chest was getting tighter, his lungs seemed to be pierced by thousands of thorns, his stomach felt somersault realizing this. His teeth chattered together, the glowing purple eyes that were slowly fading away with a glint of anger, full of hatred for Victor.

"You—asshole!" Vincent exclaimed, his tone heartsick but his forced footsteps looking determined towards Victor who raised both eyebrows up, still maintaining his mocking smile.

Victor smirked, he had been preparing to dodge as soon as he saw his brother was about to throw a punch, but at the fifth step Vincent suddenly staggered and his purple aura disappeared as soon as Vincent fell to his knees. Blood splattered out of his mouth as the roses spewed out, covering the floor near them with fishy-smelling petals and spiked stalks stained with a thick red liquid.

Victor's expression changed instantly when the blood splatter hit the toe of his shoe. "You're so disgusting," Victor said disdainfully, looking down at Vincent who was out of breath because the flowers wouldn't stop spitting up.

Vincent covered his mouth with one hand, his eyes wide before closing tightly against the excruciating pain that shot through his lungs. The thorns seemed to slit his throat and oral cavity from the inside, he swallowed his own blood until his head felt dizzy and his vision slowly blurred, splitting into several reflections.

He could feel the collar of his shirt being pulled, he couldn't fight back in the slightest— even reacting was really hard for him once his back hit the wall hard after Victor threw him. It made him spit out clots of blood and the green spikes stood out in the puddle of thick red liquid. Vincent couldn't bear the pain as he moved his head, he couldn't see clearly but he could feel Victor walking towards him.

In the lingering remnant of his consciousness, Vincent felt one of Victor's hands pressing his neck against the wall and forcing him to look up. Their gazes met. Victor showed a serious expression as he raised his other hand, Vincent didn't know what Victor was thinking—Vincent's eyes widened again as Victor shoved his hand into his mouth.

Vincent's tears fell, his facial muscles pulled and Vincent felt the corners of his lips begin to torn as Victor pushed his hand further down his throat, as if reaching for something. Vincent forced the last of his strength to struggle, he grabbed Victor's hand and tried to get it out of his mouth.

However, Victor didn't even affect at all, as if his little brother's resistance was nothing, instead his eyes only briefly blinked at Vincent's muffled scream.

It wasn't long before he felt something sharp, then Victor soldered a satisfied smile, pulling out a white rose.

The petals were stained with blood, the stem of the rose had the sharpest thorns that he had never seen before from the flowers his brother had vomited.

Victor hummed in satisfaction, before nailing his gaze at the sound of Vincent's coughing. "So sad," Victor said pitifully, full of concern, though he waved the rose to wash away the stuck blood.

Not long after, Victor bowed and crouched in front of Vincent, looking at Vincent with knitted brows. Tears were still falling from Vincent's eyes, Victor moved his hand to gently wipe away his brother's tears. Victor's gaze warmed as he cupped the side of Vincent's face, Vincent's eyes had shown that Vincent was on the verge of consciousness, his chest moving very faintly.

"William was right," Victor said after he had satisfied looking at Vincent, as he stood up and continued. "Death is better for you, Vincent."

Victor turned around and didn't look back anymore. His laughter could be heard as his twin's body began to fuse with the air. His gaze was meaningful to the white rose in his hand.

"This is the perfect gift for William."

-VV-

This is how Hanahaki Vincent died for the third time, so yes this is his real death, I just simplified his death in Hanahaki Disease Aftermath