Main AU: Glowing Eyes

Ennard pulled the blanket up to Michael's chest before gently stroking the side of the sleeping man's face. He glanced at the clock on the wall; two in the morning. Ennard looked at Michael for a moment, then decided to slowly get up from his seat and leave the room without making the slightest sound.

Passing the youngest's room, he could hear the conversation inside, he ignored it and kept walking.

Passing through the middle's room, he could hear a soft snoring a sign that the owner of the room was asleep.

Passing their parents' room, only the faint sound of arguing could be heard.

Ennard stepped into the kitchen, he carefully opened the refrigerator door and occasionally checked behind him to see if anyone was passing in the dark with no lights on. He grabbed a can of soda, then closed the fridge door again, and turned to walk to his husband's room.

On the way back, his attention was drawn to the slightly ajar door in the previously locked room. Located between the bonfire room and the corridor leading to Michael's room and his siblings, aka the room that opens the way to go to the basement. Ennard was sure that door was closed when he entered the kitchen.

For a few moments Ennard checked his surroundings, he could still hear the arguing in the room a few meters away from him. His decision was made, he entered the room and headed for the basement. Ennard stepped past the dusty cardboard boxes in the room, completely unfazed by that.

He looked in all directions, relying on his black eye that could see in the darkness for someone he believed had just entered the room. However, it felt as if there was no sign of anyone else's presence.

Ennard stopped walking around the room, his gaze fixed far ahead of him. The black silhouette is there.

Silently he approached him.

No sound at all.

Completely silent, and the silhouette still aware of his presence, turned to him so quickly that he gasped a pair of purple eyes pierced his bi-coloured eyes, giving him no time to prepare and darting at him to punch him in the face.

He bounced off towards a pile of cardboard boxes which he then collapsed under his body, and Ennard grimaced in pain—the punch felt strong. Ennard rolled to the side as soon as another fist was about to be aimed at him again, without waiting long Ennard moved his leg to kick his opponent's stomach hard.

Ennard immediately stood up as the man backed away from being kicked, he shot towards him with clenched fists, intending to hit him in the cheek but the man ducked in time and knocked him back for the second time.

He tried not to fall, his wires started to shot out in an attempt to block his opponent's movement—Ennard gasped, the man was suddenly an inch away from him.

Their faces were so close.

The pair of eyes glowed in the darkness. The spiral pupils seemed to hypnotize him. He couldn't move his body.

A sharp feeling pierced his chest.

Ennard widened his eyes, his lips parted slightly, his gaze slowly lowered as his trembling fingers brushed against the thick liquid oozing from the stab in the chest. It smelled like rusty iron but also like blood.

"Sleep well, Carter."

Ennard looked up quickly only to receive a purple aura that had accumulated in the man's hand that didn't even touch him at all, but managed to send him flying back into the wall and he banged his back head againts the wall.

-AF-

AFTON REUNION EVENT PREVIEW