Main AU: Little fraud

-EA-

In hot weather like this, what could be better than a cold drink to soothe your throat? Earl chose to buy a glass of lemonade from a small shop on the side of the road, waiting casually for the seller to complete his order while his eyes were glued to the cellphone screen. His gaze flickered reflexively to see the shadow of a brown-haired boy passing behind him, then rolling back to the front. The seller just needed to put the lid on the cup, then he reached his hand into his trouser pocket.

He pulled his eyebrows up when his hand touched the sensation of skin and immediately looked back, his eyes widened to find a girl with auburn hair holding his wallet. The girl stared at him, a pair of green eyes hinted at mischief, then without hesitation, she sped away.

"Hey!" he shouted in anger, his feet running after the girl who was heading towards the park in that area. "Stop—you fucking brat! Hey!"

Damn it, she was fast. It was hard to catch her in a crowded place like this. He tried not to bump to people, the girl ran over them without any problem at all. Earl gritted his teeth, speeding up his running pace knowing he had caught up with the girl. Earl reached out as the distance between them closed, he grabbed the girl's small arm and pulled her back; she struggled until her feet tripped and she fell forward.

"Rascal," Earl scowled in annoyance, he squatted down to take his wallet back but the girl turned around quickly before lifting her foot, the sole of her shoe kicked him hard in the face, making Earl groan in pain. "You bitch!"

The girl stood up quickly and ran away from him again, he was still holding his face in pain even though his eyes were watching where the girl was going. Therefore, Earl ran back after her, swearing in his heart that he would repay this brat equally. Earl sped off in the same direction, then turned to the right and screamed as he crashed into a woman, causing them both to roll over.

"Are you okay?" He heard the voice of a man helping the woman to stand up, but he without saying much other than cursing at the two of them immediately left them. The girl's figure was no longer visible, fuck.

Earl exclaimed in annoyance, his wallet was stolen and he had just taken this month's salary. Shit. He stopped running to catch his breath, his eyes darting around the park to look for the thief. His frustration mounting, Earl kicked a pebble angrily. Maybe he should just go to the police, that's a pretty good idea. He was about to look for the nearest police station when he saw an officer approaching him, his eyes widened to find the girl walking behind the police. Maybe he wasn't unlucky at all today.

"You!" Earl approached them at a trot while smiling broadly in pleasure, this girl would get what she deserves. "You thief!"

"Stop right there." Earl blinked in surprise when the police officer grabbed his hand tightly while taking out a pair of handcuffs. "You will be detained temporarily for attempted violence against children and women."

He squinted. "What do you mean? That kid tried to steal my wallet! Catch her!"

"Stop talking and calmly come with me to the police station now."

"You have no right to do this! I didn't do anything!"

The officer seemed to ignore his protests and even exhaled heavily, then he pointed to the girl's injured knee before taking a phone. "There are recordings, sir, so you'd better obey if you don't want me to restrain you completely."

Eyes widening, Earl watched the recording in disbelief, a video where he grabbed the girl's arm and then she fell and ran away, another video when he swore to the woman he bumped into. "Hey—this is one sided video, she was trying to steal my wallet!"

"You can say anything at the police station later." The officer started to pull him away.

"Hey! You can't do this, I will sue you!"

All his protests seemed to be ignored, Earl often protested and shouted, trying to fight, but it was all in vain. No, it can't end like this. Earl gritted his teeth in wrath when the girl just smiled sweetly at him while waving her hand.