Celebrity AU: Accusation

-VL-

"Come on why don't you just come back to act with me?"

"I already told you the reason."

"Just once! Act with me!"

"That's your first film."

"Then what's wrong? Mr. Morgan will want to help us!"

Noah pinched the bridge of his nose tiredly. Michael still didn't stop pestering him to return to the entertainment world even though he had agreed to teach him acting. He glanced up, Michael's eyes completely expectant of him. Noah glanced nervously in another direction, before deciding to exhale heavily and grab the soda provided by the younger man.

For a few minutes Noah was silent, Michael looked at Noah with a big smile, hoping Noah would melt. In the end, Noah's answer hangs.

"I'll think again."

Even so Michael was satisfied. "Say yes! Say yes!" Michael said happily, he excitedly tugged at the hem of Noah's sleeve.

Noah frowned in annoyance, he couldn't understand Michael's stubbornness. He turned when he heard the soft sound of laughter that turned out to be from Michael's sister, Elizabeth. Noah couldn't deny that Elizabeth was good at designing clothes, his mother would likely love the girl's models.

"Michael is such a pushover, I hope you'll be patient with him," Elizabeth said to him while tapping him on the shoulder, as if giving him a wish of good luck.

The blonde-haired man exhaled. "I don't understand how you can deal with this willpower of his."

"We don't understand either." Elizabeth shrugged nonchalantly and sat beside Michael who was puffing out his cheeks in a pout.

"I can hear it, you know."

"Good, because that's our intention."

"Hey!"

Elizabeth laughed loudly while Noah snorted in amusement, Michael gave an annoyed look and looked away. Ah sometimes the influencer under Vincent's tutelage was really cute. Noah turned toward the kitchen to see the father of the two siblings preparing dinner with the youngest.

The initiative to help arose within him, Noah stood up and approached William and Chris—at least he could help them set the dishes.

"You don't need to help." As he had expected, William immediately shooed him away. "Shoo."

"I will help," he replied, while taking the food that was going to be moved to the dining table before William could do so he continued his words. "I'm also going to have dinner here anyway, so I have to help you guys out."

"I remember you used to be a cocky child."

"We only met briefly, don't spread bad rumors in front of Chris like you badmouthed the old man in the media."

William only snorted hearing Noah's reply, but he smiled faintly. "Chris, shoo." This time it was Chris he shooed away.

Chris looked like he was going to sulk, but he chose to obey and joined his two older siblings who now seemed to be arguing about something, he immediately intervened between the two of them. Michael and Elizabeth couldn't be left alone. Of course, after being separated, the two of them would sulk and Michael began to approach him with William while Elizabeth began to confide in her frustration with Chris.

"You guys are sooo close." It was sarcasm, obviously. William rolled his eyes in boredom. "Mike, how was your practice today?"

Michael hummed briefly. "Boring."

"This arrogant bastard's skills are getting better, I don't need to teach him anything else," Noah chimed in, instantly making Michael turn to him quickly.

"I still don't understand some things!"

"You're just making excuses so I don't stop teaching you so we can keep seeing each other."

Michael's cheeks flushed instantly, he looked really nervous. "Says who?! Not true!"

"It seems Mr Afton's tsundere trait has passed on to you."

"Why did you bring me up? You rascal." William grumbled in irritation, Noah returned nothing but a chuckle. "Okay, dinner is ready. Michael get Elizabeth and Chris."

The one who was told to nod and go to his siblings again, forgetting in an instant that he had been arguing with Elizabeth before. Waiting for the three of them didn't take too long, they came right away instead—Noah understood that the three of them prioritized their stomach more than anything. However, before he joined them, he wanted to check his phone first.

"Dad, can I come with you to work?" Chris asked curiously.

"No, the broadcast schedule is early in the morning, tomorrow you will go to school."

Chris pursed his lips. "No fun."

"You act as if you don't know Dad," Elizabeth said. "It's impossible for Dad to agree, no fun indeed, even though I used to want to know, but still can't, even now."

"Dad even never invited me until I myself was invited by his colleagues at the event at that time." Michael complained as well.

The corner of William's eyes twitched in annoyance, his three children could be very compact in badmouthing him. However, he decided not to scold them this time—he had little patience left after his encounter with Vincent this morning. That asshole was more annoying than his children. William couldn't stop thinking about Vincent's behaviour, his words were completely incomprehensible when they met.

That made him think even more, William felt even more irritated. Why did Vincent's image appear in his head now? William sighed, he massaged the base of his forehead tiredly. He looked around and Michael, Elizabeth and Chris were now talking about something else. Then his gaze fell on Noah who still hadn't sat down, Noah's red eyes were glued to the phone screen.

"Carter, sit down," he says, the dinner was going cold if Noah was more concerned with his gadget.

However, Noah ignored his words. This also caught the attention of the three siblings. Noah's expression was shocked and his shoulders tensed, even though he was fine before and had joked around. There must be something going on.

"Sorry, Mr Afton, I have to go."

William raised an eyebrow at that, Noah sounded rushed. He and Michael slowly stood up as Noah ran into the living room to get his coat and hat also mask while Elizabeth and Chris looked at each other in confusion. Noah left quickly, the young man didn't even close the door when he stepped out.

"Is there any urgent business that makes Noah like that?" Elizabeth wondered.

"Perhaps to do with his mother?"

Elizabeth rounded her mouth at Chris' guess. "That makes sense!"

William didn't pay much heed to the conversation, he was still looking at the door that wasn't closed yet with his eyebrows knit together. Now Elizabeth and Chris were busy discussing the matter and making guesses. William pursed his lips, something was off. He glanced to Michael who had been silent since earlier—he could think Michael might be disappointed that Noah was gone.

Even so, it turned out that Michael had a similar expression as Noah after he stared at his phone.

"Mike? What is it?" William asked quietly.

Michael looked shocked, he could catch his eldest son's lips and fingers shaking. His voice cracked as Michael answered. An answer that could make them widened their eyes a second after hearing it.

"Mr Morgan has been arrested on charges of smuggling illegal drugs and using narcotics ...."