What If Scenarios: Main AU

Alternate storyline of Victor Arc: what if William trusted him and doing a little thing?

-VL-

William put the cell phone on the desk after Victor told him he would be here soon, maybe not long. William smiled a little, feeling impatient with the man's arrival. While waiting, he decided to do his work; there were still some papers and reports from Henry regarding the restaurants they managed, which he hadn't had time to check. After that he intended to check on the animatronics, maybe the kids needed something.

He sang the melody of the song as he checked the documents, every now and then he glanced at the black screen of the phone—Victor was no longer texting. Knowing Victor, maybe he was driving. Again William smiled, never before had he felt this excited for work.

Suddenly there was a message notification, William glanced quickly—he didn't heed the message when he found out it was from Ennard asking where his husband was, it seemed Ennard needed him right now. Or his daughter. Who knows. William returned to his focus on checking the documents that were still piling up. He was so focused that the sound of the door opening startled him. William would immediately curse anyone who didn't knock first, but he didn't do it once he realized it was the man he'd been waiting for.

The corners of his lips immediately lifted and William looked at Victor who stepped closer after closing the door with a smile. Victor never bothered to knock, William forgot about it because he was too eager to wait for him.

"Hey," Victor greeted warmly after coming face to face with him, he moved his hand to gently caress William's cheek.

William just chuckled and enjoyed Victor's caress on the side of his face. "I've been waiting for you, Vic," he said, rising from his seat to approach Victor. "What did it take you so long?" he asked then, sitting on his desk as Victor cupped his face for a small kiss on the forehead.

"Traffic nowadays can drive me crazy." Victor's answer made him chuckle again. "You're mad?"

"Nope." He shook his head, wrapping his arms around Victor's neck. "I missed you."

Victor flashed a charming smile. "Of course, I'm enchanting," he replied half-jokingly, causing William to roll his eyes unamusedly.

William giggled in amusement as Victor started kissing him. From forehead, eyelids, bridge of nose to both cheeks while stroking his brown hair. Then his gaze collided with Victor's, a strange glint like love could be seen in Victor's platinum eyes. The twinkle made him feel loved. They exchanged smiles, then the distance between them narrowed until their lips touched gently.

They closed their eyes to enjoy the affectionate caress, feel the sweetness and warm feelings that are transmitted to each other. William tightened his grip on Victor as he felt Victor's strong arms wrap around his waist to give him a sense of safety. William really felt happy, as if butterflies flying from inside his stomach he soldered a smile in the middle of their kiss.

His phone screen flashed again, he didn't think much of it—thinking that Ennard was texting again. When his eyes squinted, the pleasure of slamming down was replaced by nausea.

From: Victor
William, I might be a little late, traffic nowadays drive me crazy, so I took the road a little further.
08:47 PM

His stomach guts suddenly seemed to be adrift in the ocean as his eyes moved slowly to the person in front of him after they had distanced themselves again. The look of shock that was clearly mapped on William's face was met with a warm smile from the man.

William stammered, he couldn't move his body at all, he could only watch the tears slowly fall from the pair of glowing purple beads.

"Vincent ...."

There was no meaningful response from the man's muffled sobs, the glitch enveloping his body and turning him back to his original appearance. William pursed his lips, guilt rising and suffocating his chest as he watched his husband lose his balance to stand and kneel in front of him, the faint sound of crying still could be heard. His hands were gripped very tightly by him on his lap.

William could only sit still feeling his thighs wet with Vincent's tears that were dripping down, unable to do anything. Not even able to stroke Vincent's black hair.

"What did I do wrong to you, William ...." His voice was shaky, filled with bitterness. The hand that gripped his hand was trembling. "What should I do to fix us? Please tell me ...."

William didn't speak at all.