Fallen Angel!AU: One Eye Blind

[Vincent x William]

-VL-

In fact, William didn't expect his children to get comfortable with his lover so quickly—he thought they would be even more scared, considering that Vincent is a demon, with the exception of Michael and his boyfriend.

William still remembered how arrogant and annoying Vincent had been, feeling that he was superior to any other individual—whether it was the holy race, the underground race, or the mortal race. William admitted that Vincent was strong, but Vincent's arrogance and brutality could no longer be understood. Although Vincent slowly changed as they were together.

It was adorable to realize that Vincent's arrogance had also softened because of Elizabeth and Chris.

It's so sweet, really.

Although Vincent never stopped making trouble in his own world, but at least William was relieved that Vincent always tried not to involve their little family and instead protected them from threats.

Not really that relieved. The wounds that Vincent got after Vincent did something made him nag all the time.

William snorted in amusement to see Vincent struggling with how hyper his two young children were—Chris often asked him a lot about the demon world and Elizabeth played with his long black hair—touching his horns occasionally in admiration.

"Vincey!"

It was Chris and Elizabeth's call to Vincent, at first Vincent objected but after a while Vincent didn't care anymore.

"What do you want now, kid?"

Vincent's deep voice gave William goosebumps instantly. Sounds tempting—

William cleared his throat, turning his attention back to watching them.

Elizabeth turned to Vincent curiously. "What do you usually eat besides the mortal souls you made a pact with?"

"You want to know?" Vincent raised an eyebrow with a big smile, Elizabeth and Chris nodded simultaneously excitedly, while William didn't have a good feeling. "I eat angel children like you for dinner."

Elizabeth and Chris' facial expressions changed drastically, Vincent laughed loudly.

"Vincent! Don't scare them," William reproached in annoyance, but Vincent just gave him an annoying grin.

"But I trust Vincey won't eat us, right?" Elizabeth asked for sure, the young girl puffed her cheeks and sulked.

Vincent chuckled. "I was just kidding," he replied, this time his tone softened. 

Elizabeth flashed a wide, sweet smile.

Chris suddenly touched Vincent's cheek, causing the demon to frown in confusion while Chris tilted his head to the side. Elizabeth was curious about what Chris was doing until her brother looked at Vincent intently.

"What's wrong, Chris?" Vincent chose to ask.

"How did you lose your left sight?"

The question left them all speechless, even William. Vincent was stunned for a moment, and so was William, who had just realized that he had never thought about it until now. He did ask Vincent once why Vincent was half-blind, but Vincent smoothly changed the subject, so William didn't ask anymore.

William listened carefully as soon as he saw Vincent ready to answer.

"Because of fighting."

Elizabeth and Chris' eyes sparkled with admiration at Vincent's answer, while Vincent looked proud. "Fight? With who? Were they strong? Did you win?"

"Of course I won! Here's the story ..."

William looked at Vincent with an indescribable look; that answer was just Vincent's lie. Vincent didn't say what really happened, William knew, and it made William curious to delve deeper into the demon's background.

-VL-

"Nothing can cure the poison that hit his eye. He will remain like this, half blind, for the rest of his life."

The two adult demons conversed with seriousness, while their young son just listened; shocked by the news that his parents said, that his left eye could not be cured.

And Victor was annoyed.

"Dad, Mum."

The two demons looked at the same time, then slowly his mother crouched down and cupped his face gently, lovingly. "Yes, Victor?"

"If I can't be cured ... shouldn't Vincent have the same condition as me?"

The atmosphere is tense, eerie.

Vincent gasped when his family's gaze was now on him, who still had both eyesight.