Main AU: Mark

[Mark H. x Daniel M. ; TW! Sensitive topics!]

-MD-

Mark.

He was such an annoying person. He was the one who can make him happy, then a moment later make him miserable.

Mark is a walking pain.

Everything about that man, he hated him. Possible. He had been confused by his own feelings, he had been led astray by his own thoughts. His head was a mess, especially after everything Mark had told him. All the sweet and manipulative words from that jerk's mouth. He no longer knew whether Mark really meant his words of affection or just wanted to mess with his feelings.

However, it was pointless to think about that, the situation had changed after all.

He leaned his back against the red wall, his green eyes rolling to the metal bars not far from him. He couldn't get out of this place, not with the bars that could melt his hand.

All might have ended, Hell have found him. They found Mark.

Normally he didn't really care about other people's business, but since he had become entangled in this matter, he had been dragged along too—he couldn't blame Mark, he had offered protection to him himself. He no longer knew what to do if he came face to face with the blonde woman again, he could imagine the look of disappointment. It had been several days that he had been here, there was no way news of a devil being caught together with a fallen angel didn't spread quickly.

Maybe Lilith didn't want to see him again after Celeste told her. The only woman he has considered as a mother figure to him.

Did he regret it? Of course.

He regretted he helped Mark, but at the same time he was glad he had helped him. He couldn't deny that living with Mark was quite enjoyable, even so he should've listened to Michael's warning that Mark wasn't suitable as a lover. It was too painful. He had felt it. His overwhelming love for Mark only gave him pain. He snorted and smiled crookedly, Mark really is a huge asshole.

"Oh look."

Maybe not as asshole as this guy.

Daniel raised his head and stared beyond the iron bars. "Alan," he said with a serene smile. Considering that the prison in hell was in a public place, he wasn't surprised to find an 'old friend' here.

"What did you do to end up in this place, huh?" Jackson approached him with a look of curiosity and satisfaction at the same time.

"None of your business."

"Prostitute?" Daniel's eyes twitched hearing that, Jackson's smirk plastered on his face. "Must be because of that, right? There's never been a fallen angel brought here, you must've committed a grave sin for your own kind, hm? You probably sold your body to some disgusting perverts."

Daniel gritted his teeth, it was so easy for Jackson to spark his anger this time. "I swear I'll tear you apart as soon as I'm free from here," he growled angrily as he drew closer to the blonde-haired man who was now chuckling.

"Try it, Daniel," Jackson scoffed. "Not with those bars, which can even hurt demons, let alone a fallen angel like you?" Daniel clenched his fists tightly, his gaze fixed on Jackson who smiled faintly—looking so happy that he managed to provoke his emotions. However, he really wanted to punch Jackson's cocky face. "We both know, Dan."

"What?" he hissed.

"The only thing of value to you is your body." Jackson chuckled at the change in Daniel's expression. "Ask those people who have raped a bitch like you and they would agree."

He was ready to break the iron bars even if he had to injure himself when a sharp swooping sound from the air slowly sounded and knocked Jackson from where he stood, the two men outside the prison. Daniel's eyes widened, watching at how the black wings spread wide in the air, with hands pressing Jackson's neck to the surface of hell, looking so angry.

Mark.

He was such an annoying person. He was the one who can make him happy, then a moment later make him miserable.

Mark is a walking pain.

Mark, who now screamed full of rage before slamming his fist into Jackson's face two to three times, then jumped back when Jackson tried to kick him. He, who was now dodging Jackson's attacks before hitting their foreheads so hard that blood gushed out, but he didn't care at all and elbowed Jackson hard in the stomach until he fell. His dark black eyes reflected the horror on Jackson's face.

"Say that again and I will KILL you!" he shouted, his voice almost muffled by wrath. He then returned to pressing Jackson to the surface and hitting him again. "I will fucking tear you apart limbs by limbs ..."

"Halberg!"

Daniel gasped in ache as the heat seared his hands as he gripped the prison bars, but that seemed to catch Mark's attention before he could prove his words. Mark immediately ran towards him, he was still staring at the man in bewilderment—did Mark just defend him?

"Are you okay?"

Mark sounded worried, or was he trying to trap him in his sweet words again? Daniel pursed his lips, he turned to Jackson who was still lying on the surface, holding his bloody head. Then he turned again to Mark; once again his eyes widened seeing how Mark gripped the iron bars tightly and tried to bend them. "What are you doing?!" he exclaimed in disbelief. "Your hands will burn!"

His words were ignored by Mark, who kept trying to wreck the hot iron. His palms started to look burnt. "Mark! Stop it!" Daniel begged, but Mark still ignored him.

To add his surprise, Mark succeeded. He managed to bend the bars until there was a gap large enough for him to squeeze himself out. Mark reached up and grabbed his arm, before pulling him out of the prison. He swayed towards the man, Mark caught him quickly. A scorching heat was felt when Mark's palm touched his shoulder.

Daniel immediately broke away from Mark's embrace and grabbed the reddened palm, the skin peeled off. "What did you think?!" he shouted angrily at the lad younger than him. "You—why did you do that? You're lucky enough it didn't melt your hand!"

"Are you okay?"

Daniel felt his eyes heat up hearing the same question coming out of Mark's mouth, he looked really worried for him, he looked genuine. "You dumb ...."

"Brat!"

They both turned their heads together and saw a woman flying towards them quickly—Celeste seemed pissed. Daniel looked back at Mark and Celeste in panic, not knowing what to say. Celeste landed right in front of them, glaring at them—no, she was glaring at Mark to be exact. Mark showed no trepidation at all.

"Are you serious?" Celeste said, her tone sounded irritated and making sure at the same time.

"Yes."

Mark.

He is such an annoying person. He was the one who can make him happy, then a moment later make him miserable.

Mark is a walking pain.

Mark, who was now smiling warmly at him. He, who then grabbed his own wing and incised it. The blood pouring from his back might never be able to stop. The beautiful black feathers that fell off when the wing was torn. He didn't show the slightest agony.

Mark, he is pain itself, whether to others or to himself.

"I'm sorry for hurting you."

Mark is the only pain he loves.