Main AU: Brooch [Sequel]

[Henry x Jane]

-HJ-

Henry frowned when he saw his wife was wailing in front of the dressing table. He stepped into the room and flusteredly patted Jane on the shoulder from behind.

"What is it?" Henry asked curiously.

Jane looked at him for a moment, before suddenly standing up and immediately hugging him tightly. "Vincent said my brooch is missing!" Jane said while half whining.

It was about the brooch, Henry thought to himself with amusement, he's stroking Jane's hair gently. "You're sad about that?"

"Yes," Jane replied, slightly groaning in Henry's arms. "I told William to keep it until I go there again, but he must have been careless and lost my brooch," said Jane, exasperatedly. "The brooch is expensive. That idiot."

Henry chuckled. "You can have my brooch," he said, cupping Jane's face and making her look at him. "Or do you want to buy a new one instead?"

Jane's two-colored eyes blinked in amazement. "I ... want your brooch," Jane replied shyly, blushing.

"Are you sure? It's a cheap brooch."

"I don't care I want it!" Jane insisted, and Henry just laughed.

Jane no longer cared if William lost her brooch, at least she could have a more valuable brooch.