Main AU: Alcohol

[Aftermath of FNAF 1 meets FNAF SL]

-AF-

He looked behind him for a second to see if Michael was really asleep or not, but he heard a soft snoring—Michael was most likely asleep. Ennard stepped out of the room and through the hall silently, trying not to wake the other family members who were also sleeping. After all, it was past 1 AM. Even so, Ennard wasn't too surprised he overheard a faint conversation while passing through the youngest's room, Chris must have stayed awake as usual.

He walked towards the basement, considering he hadn't tidied up his desk and it bothered him, he didn't think he would rest until his desk was clean and tidy.

One week has passed when the originals had to be at CBPW due to renovations. The little incident that happened between Vincent and Chris also had a slight impact on their family situation. It seemed their relationship was strained, the house was quieter, Vincent didn't show up all the time—if he thought about it he hadn't even seen the man all day. Chris was still as usual, but every time he heard a loud noise now he always flinched.

Ennard let out a tired breath, his father-in-law told him he would speak to Vincent as soon as he could. Ennard didn't know who was wrong and who was right, but this have made them all uncomfortable.

He held the door handle of their office, then opened it inside. Ennard stood still in the place.

Vincent was never a person who can drink alcoholic beverages. However, empty bottles were scattered everywhere. The bottle he recognizes as William's stash of alcohol stock. Even though he didn't litter his area of working, he still felt worried and concerned—he didn't know how many bottles had been spent by Vincent, who was now sitting on the sofa with his face covered with both hands. That incident must have really stressed Vincent out, to the point that even drinking alcohol didn't intoxicate him at all.

He stood in place awkwardly, not knowing what to do—should he inquire about the black-haired man's condition, or should he just return to his room and clean up his desk in the morning? Leaving the basement was probably the best option, letting Vincent have some alone time. Ennard had made up his mind but just as he was about to back off Vincent lifted his face and they stared at each other.

Ennard stuttered, apparently with a gasp. He didn't fail to notice Vincent's eyes were slightly swollen, as if he had been crying. Ennard pursed his lips, Vincent said nothing but looked at him.

After that he heard Vincent's soft laughter. "Sorry you have to see me in this condition," Vincent said to him gently. Ennard was at least afraid that he might suddenly faint from waddling a bit, he pick up the bottles that were on the floor. Ennard noticed that the room was also clean of dust, his desk was also tidied up.

"Are you ... okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Vincent replied in a mumbling manner, but Ennard could still hear him. "Just a lot on my mind. The rest is no problem. Yes. Right. Mhm." Vincent rubbed his red face from drinking too much briefly in exasperation, then laughed again. "I seem to be being overly dramatic," he said in a voice that was getting lower, his gaze no longer enough for Ennard to decipher. "Do you think ... I'm really not worthy?"

Silence.

Nobody spoke at all.

Vincent gave him a thin, warm smile before long. "Please keep this a secret from William, will you?"

For a few moments Ennard remained motionless, lips pressed together, looking at Vincent, who returned to tidying up the empty bottles. There was no more conversation between them. He watched Vincent clean the office back to completion. Vincent flashed a final smile at him before teleporting away somewhere, leaving him alone.

That night he didn't leave the basement until morning, nor did he answer William's question as to why he was there.