College AU: Out of town

[Spoiler]

-VL-

"You've been absent for quite a while this time, Professor." Michael looked at the black-haired man who was tidying up the books on the lecturer's desk, the other students had left.

"Then why? Now I'm here."

Michael pursed his lips. "My dad goes back and forth to your house, and he's been irritable lately," he complained.

There was no response from Vincent other than a glance.

However, the door to the room that was only half closed suddenly slammed open, successfully grabbing Vincent and Michael's attention. Vincent frowned while Michael raised his eyebrows to find William standing there gasping for air.

"Father," Michael said quietly, but his father didn't look at him at all.

"You—where have you been?!" William's tone sounded angry as he stepped closer to Vincent. "You disappeared without a word and I was looking for you everywhere!"

Vincent turned to William. "Out of town," he answered simply.

"Out of town again?" William replied in disbelief. "You've been out of town a lot lately—"

"And that's none of your business."

"Indeed!" William gritted his teeth. "But I'm worried, Vincent! Moreover—especially after that ... I—" William's words stopped abruptly, Vincent's gaze sharpened. "What are you doing outside the city anyway?"

"I told you it's none of your business."

"Tell me."

The corner of Vincent's eyes twitched in annoyance. "That's all you need to know," he replied then began to carry his books and was about to step outside.

However, when he passed William, the brown-haired man immediately grabbed his wrist.

"William!" Vincent rebuked, the book fell from his grip. "William let me go," Vincent growled as he tried to free William's grip on his wrist, but somehow William's strength was stronger than usual.

William tightened his grip even more. "Tell me, Morgan." His whisper sounded like a hiss.

"Why do you care, Afton?"

"I care about you!"

"Nonsense." Vincent managed to jerk William's hand and immediately stroked his wrist which was aching. "Now, I withdraw from here—"

This time William restrained Vincent by tugging at his collar. "Tell me!" he shouted.

Vincent gritted his teeth. "You don't know when to stop, do you?"

"I'll stop after you tell me."

"You really are stubborn."

William looked straight at him. "Tell me, it will be worth the accident."

"Chemotherapy."

The answer made William instantly weaken his grip on Vincent's collar, his eyebrows raised up. "Why do you need chemotherapy ...?"

"Because I have cancer, Afton!"

Vincent's exclamation made both William and Michael who had been watching him widen their eyes at the same time. William's lips parted slightly and he immediately released his grip from the collar of the man in front of him.

Vincent looked at him in annoyance. "Are you happy now?"