Main AU: Brooch

[Vincent x William]

-VL-

"Hey, William."

The owner of the name turned when he heard the voice of the person he loved. William smiled in greeting and put his screwdriver on the table, stood up to approach Vincent, then kissed the man with the black hair on the cheek. "What is it?" he asked then.

Vincent just looked straight into his eyes intensely, leaving William confused himself. Vincent said nothing for a moment.

"You seem busy."

Reflexively William shook his head. "No," he said. "You need something?" William paused for a moment, then smirked. William drew closer to Vincent, then said. "Do you want ..."

"Whatever you think, that's not what I came here for."

William frowned. "So cold," he sulked, moving away from Vincent after Vincent had restrained himself from getting any closer. "So what?"

"This."

William's eyebrow rose when he saw Vincent take out a flower brooch from his pocket. "Whose is this? I found it on your desk." Vincent tilted his head slightly, his forehead furrowed deeper than William's.

The Afton blinked, trying to remember. "Looks like Jane's," William guessed. "Yeah, yeah looks like Jane's brooch was left when she came here to make pies for the kids. She told me to keep it on the phone, she said she would take it but Jane seems to have forgotten," William said, nodding his head. "Give me the brooch, I'll give it back to Jane—"

"No."

William raised his eyebrows up as Vincent quickly pulled the brooch back so he wouldn't take it. Vincent looked surprised, immediately continued his words. "Let me return Jane's brooch, you go back to work."

A bit suspicious, but William chose not to care and let Vincent disappear with a glitch.

But certainly Jane did not get her brooch back.