Apocalypse AU: Hand

-AF-

"Take something to hold them back! NOW!"

Michael was almost knocked down when he held the door which was smashed by dozens of undead, trying to get into the apartment. Michael quickly tried to close the door again, being careful not to be grabbed by them.

Elizabeth ran into the living room looking for anything to block the door, she was so frantic she couldn't think of anything, almost crying. The loud snarling of the zombies outside made her even more scared, she was confused about what to take to replace her brother so that the zombies wouldn't enter. Then she found a table lying not far away.

"Chris—Chris help me!" Elizabeth exclaimed, heading over to the table and intending to push it. Chris nodded, immediately helping his sister.

The strength of the undead exceeded the strength he had now, Michael was starting to struggle to hold the door, but he tried to hold on as soon as he saw his siblings pushing the table towards him.

Just a little more.

"On the count of three!" Michael called out as Elizabeth and Chris drew near. "One!" Michael snarled as a hand from the zombie entered, then pressed the door so hard against the hinges that the hand broke. Chris flinched at the sight. "Two!"

"Three!"

"Now!"

Michael leapt forward and took his place in the middle of Elizabeth and Chris, without waiting long and pushing the table with all his might toward the door before the zombies managed to break through. Michael immediately grabbed his siblings' hands to get out of the door, towards the window. He opened the window in a huff, then looked down;

"Michael!"

His father had been there with the two black-haired men. "Father!" Michael covered his mouth with his hand, afraid of attracting the attention of the undead outside the apartment building. "I'm going to throw Chris!"

Chris turned his head reflexively. "You're going to what—?"

"Wait here."

Michael headed into a room he was sure was a bed, pulled up the covers and immediately carried the blanket over to where his siblings were—he got goosebumps as he passed the front door held up by the table, they didn't have much time. Michael threw the blanket down, which William and Vincent immediately caught with his brother, they immediately spread the blanket.

After that Michael faced Elizabeth and Chris. "Our place isn't very high right now and Father is outside, I want you to jump out of the window, they'll catch you," Michael instructed, but both Elizabeth and Chris looked doubtful. Michael took a deep breath before patting them on the shoulder. "Trust me, they will catch you. Okay?"

"O-okay ...." Chris nodded hesitantly, Michael smiled warmly.

Chris climbed onto the window sill, leaned out and looked down; his father was there. Chris turned to Michael briefly, Michael nodded encouragingly. He was about to jump for sure, but the noise from the front door caught them off guard—the table had been cleared and the undeads had crawled in.

"Chris!" Michael shouted at Chris, causing Chris to snap out of his shock. "Hurry up!" Once again Michael shouted as he pulled the sofa to close the passage from the front door to the living room.

Chris finally jumped up after closing his eyes tightly. Elizabeth saw her brother fall right on top of the blanket their father had spread, this gave her the courage to jump. She heard Michael shouting at her to jump up, so she put one foot on the window sill, not realizing that a undead had crawled towards her silently, and the rotten hand had finally grabbed her ankle.

-AF-

Apocalypse AU: Coming Soon!