Kemonomimi AU: Heat

[Ennard/Noah x Michael]

-EC-

Michael bent his body until his forehead touched the desk in front of him, both hands clutching his stomach tightly, his canine teeth grinding against each other, at the same time trying to keep his tail from wagging too aggressively. Hot, his whole body felt hot, all the blood flowing through his veins felt burning, a cramping pain suffocated his body. His ears had stopped hearing the lecturer's explanation as soon as this painful sensation struck without warning in the midst of his class.

Damn it, he should've listened to Daddy to take his medicine today, their heat schedule was always close together and Daddy had just finished with it a few days ago, but he was late for class and decided to ignore his reminder.

"You okay, Mike?" his best friend asked, his worried tone clear even though he was whispering.

"I feel like I'm going to die." He hissed, a burning sensation rising to his throat and he threw his head back on the table, the soles of his feet moving up and down anxiously. "Shit, just kill me, please."

The first day of heat was always unpleasant, especially if you don't take a suppressant. Heat was usually affected by a partner and as long as he didn't have a partner, it didn't feel as painful, instead just like having menstruation ... with the added pain and increased libido. He couldn't imagine experiencing heat when he already had a partner, his facial expression turned disgusted realizing he would definitely be hungry for all their touches later and constantly dripping for them, couldn't stay away from his partner or he would die.

Ok, would die may be an exaggeration.

At least animal-born's heat always lasts for a week every six months, not every month or he would genuinely lose his mind.

He groaned softly, his stomach churning, feeling like he was going to vomit. In the end, he stood up and bolted out of the classroom without saying anything to his lecturer, darting straight to the farthest and rarely used bathroom in the campus building. He closed the bathroom door tightly, then slumped to the floor, trying to cool his skyrocketing body temperature, his skin felt like it was peeling from the inside.

Even so, even the bathroom floor couldn't cool him down, he whined in annoyance and pressed his back against the wall, bending his knees to his chest and letting his tail between his legs. He didn't bring the medicine, maybe he could contact his sister ... fuck it, he even forgot to bring his phone to the bathroom. What other misfortunes would he have to face today?

His ears twitched, the bathroom door opened.

Michael turned his head, surprised, not expecting someone to come into this bathroom. Without waiting long, he dragged his body away from someone who was walking in and then stopped, realizing his presence. He could no longer move; his back was against the toilet door at the far end. A human male, his hair was dirty blonde, there were several strands of white, his eyebrows were raised with red eyes glancing at him confused, his skin was pale. He gritted his teeth, growling as he watched the man move closer to him.

Other animal-borns were indeed more dangerous if they know he was in a vulnerable state like this, but that didn't mean humans weren't less dangerous.

He pressed his back against the toilet door more, trying to get away from the man who was now crouching in front of him, growling still audible between his teeth, tail wagging anxiously between his legs with his ears bent back. The man reached out his hand, apparently a little surprised and moved his hand to the side when he tried to bite him, but he flinched because that human managed to gently rub the side of his head, close to the base of his fluffy ear. Fingers gently combing through his hair, Michael stared at the man in front of him who was still worried, without realizing he let out a quiet whimper.

He thought this was the end of everything because the man closed their distance, but it turned out he only moved his hand to put it to his forehead, as if checking his body temperature. His hand felt soft as it cupped his cheek, he couldn't help but let out a low, disappointed whine once he pulled his hand away, reaching into his pocket for something and tossing it to him. He immediately caught a white pill, recognized it as a heat suppressant, then raised his head to look at the blonde who was now leaving the bathroom. Pupils dilated towards the human.

He wanted to hold the man, at least thank him, but the words died in his throat and the breath hitched when those charming red eyes rolled up to him again.

"Take good care of yourself, fox, predators are everywhere in this place, humans or animal-borns."

That's what the man said before actually walking away, leaving him alone in the bathroom with his hand clutching the pill. Face warmed, almost burning, cheeks flushed with chest pounding.

And suddenly he wanted to claim that human.