17. Apologies & Idiots

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals (I actually fucking hate that movie.)

¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥

Luke walked back to his seat, starring at the ground the whole time. I cannot believe he just did that.

I sat in silence for the rest of the class period until the bell finally rung, dismissing us at the end of the day. Luke watched the other presentations and acted like he was actually sort of interested, even though you could tell he was clearly pretending from the way he kept glancing over at me to see what I was doing, which was starring out the window.

After I threw all my school stuff in my locker I went over to Luke's to talk to him, but he wasn't even there. Well, I didn't even really know what I was going to say anyways. I sighed and walked out the front doors of hell, glancing up just in time to see Luke and Calum about twenty feet from his car.

Okay Cassie, I don't care how crowded this parking lot is and I don't care that Ashley is glarring at you from her car with her newest boy toy and I don't care that Calum will probably hold this against you probably forever. It's time to get your shit together.

I took off sprinting across the parking lot towards Luke with multiple pairs of eyes on me. Thank god I actually wore tennis shoes and lazy clothes for once. He was just finishing up talking to Calum and starting to open his door when I got about 15 feet away.

"Luke!" I yelled, a little out of breath. Damn I need to work out. "Luke wait!"

His head snaps back towards me looking both confused and excited, and I can't help but think about how much I really missed his adorable face.

"Hi Calum bye Calum!" I quickly wave when I finally get to them, trying to shoo him away which he obviously ignores. I push Luke up against his car door, making it slam shut and him look very surprised.

"What are you doing Cassie?"

"Something I should've done a long time ago." I leaned into him and connected our lips as fast as I could, basically attacking his face. I mean who wouldn't? He didn't kiss back at first, but seconds later he was kissing me with just as much force as I was him. I pulled away a little, feeling his hot breath fan across my face. "I'm so sorry I'm such an idiot I-" He cut my apology short by attaching our lips once again. Damn Luke, who knew.

"It's okay, I'm an even bigger idiot." He mutters once he pulls away, resting his forehead softly on mine. Luke's touches were like a drug and I've gone far too long without them. "I promise you, Jenny nor Ashley nor any other girl is anything compared to what you mean to me. Well, except my mom, but, you know." He blushes and I giggle at his dorky self. (For all those Liz comments on the last update. ;))

"We're both idiots." I sigh and put my face into his neck, hugging him tightly and taking in his delicious cologne.

"Yeah you are." I hear Calum laugh loudly from behind us, interrupting our moment.

"Shut the fuck up Calum." Luke laughs at his best friend. I smile up at him, admiring his perfect dimples and sexy lip ring. When he notices his scrunches up his nose at me, then leans down and kisses me softly on the cheek. Well that was just the cutest thing ever Luke Hemmings.

"Hey um, speaking of my mom..." Luke looks down then over to Calum like he's having trouble with how to word it. "Would you, uh, like to maybe...I don't know uh-"

"Spit it out dufus!" Calum throws his hands up and laughs at how nervous Luke sounded.

"Would you like to come over for dinner tonight? And you know, meet my mom?" My heart started beating faster and I was so excited until- "Just as friends of course. The boys could come too." and my mood instantly shot down.

I heard Calum make a weird grunting noise from behind me and when I turned around he was rolling his eyes at Luke. I feel ya homie.

"I would love to Luke." I dettached myself from his arms and stood back up.

"Great." He sighed in relief and grinned at me, not picking up my disappointment at all. Yeah... great. "I'll pick you up tonight around 6."

"Can't wait." I gave him a small smile and started walking over towards my car. "Bye boys." They both waved in return and as soon as I was ten feet away I heard Calum punch Luke, Luke say "ow what was that for?", and Calum return a "you're a freaking idiot."

Then Luke sigh and mutter rather quietly, "I know."

I could feel his stare on me all the way out of the parking lot.

What the hell just happened?

¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥ ¥

I love you and I hate most things so that's like a compliment.

€ass ×