29. Doing Something

My hair is red now.

How are you, really?

Well I love you.

—————————-

After my little episode last night, Luke called his brother Jack to see if we could crash at his place for the night, completely leaving out everything that had actually happened. He didn't mind at all, seeing as he wasn't even home yet and still out partying. So I followed Luke's car with mine until we arrived, grabbing my things and hurrying into the apartment before anybody could really notice what a wreck I was even though it was like 1 in the morning. Me and Luke walked into the guest room and I went directly to the bathroom, washing off my face and changing quickly. When I came back out I was immediately wrapped in Luke's warm arms and taking a deep breath before I started crying again.

You'd think a person would run out of tears eventually, but I guess they never run out of pain either.

After he surprise hugged me, which I was so grateful for, he went into the bathroom to clean up. He came back out in just his boxers and joined me in the bed, scooting as close as possible to me and playing with my hair.

"Remember this room?" He whispered in my ear and my cheeks went flaming red.

This was the room. The room that started this whole thing, the whole me and Luke thing.

I nodded, then turned around and kissed him lightly with a small smile on my face. I brought my head back but he just reattach out lips with a smile of his own, making me feel more loved than ever before.

"I love you." He breathed onto my lips, making me smile again. I never fail to get butterflies every time he says that.

"And I love you Lucas." He makes a pouty face and I giggle, pecking his cheek and turning back over before I fell straight to sleep.

+ + +

The next morning I woke up not feeling very good again and Luke was still asleep. I don't think I can take this much longer, I need to know now.

I went into Jack's main bathroom, looking for something to disguise myself with. Perscription glasses? Nah, I'll probably crash my car. Shaving cream? Yeah, I can go as a snowman! Ugh. Toothpaste, no. Tampons, what the hell? Cologne, no. Red hair dye, n- wait yes! That's perfect!

I ran into the living room to see a quite hungover Jack laying on the couch watching tv.

"Can I use this?" I asked quietly, trying not to worsen his headache since he did let us stay at his place.

"Well damn, if you stop yelling you can use whatever the hell you want," He grumbles and hides his face underneath a blue throw pillow.

"Thank you!" I whisper and laughed as I went back into the bathroom, doing something that would hopefully disguise me from everyone for at least a few days. My blue was fading anyways, I'd have to redo it sooner or later.

After I was finished, I was amazed. I looked hot. Like I was on fire. No, literally. Oh well, I can always change it back as soon as I get more dye.

I got completely ready, making sure not to wake up Luke so I could go do this on my own. I didn't need him having to embarrass himself in public too.

"Bye Jack, if Luke wakes up tell him i'll be back in a little bit!" I said as I passed him on my way to the door.

"Aye, buy me up some drugs will you?"

"Excuse me?" No way was I buying drugs.

"Like headache ones and stuff. I'm out of the ones my mom always picks up for me and I can't remember what they're called. Damn, I hardly remembered my name after last night," He talked, more to himself than to me. I just shook my head with an amused smile and told him I would. He lives on his own yet his mommy still buys him his medicines, that's cute.

I drove quickly to the small gas station down the road, putting my sunglasses on before going inside. It was seriously tiny, like a few aisles big and one check out lane open. I ran back by the pain relievers and grabbed the bottle that Michael had told me during their gig "made everything better just like that" after overdrinking.

Then I went towards the front and quickly grabbed a couple of pregnancy tests, the same kind that I used at Ashton's, and joined the line with just one person in front of me. I was keeping my head low and trying to be discreet about everything, not wanting anyone to see me buying these things. But that all flew out the window once it was my turn to check out.

"Are you going to put your stuff up or not?" A rude voice sounded and gave me chills, and the bad kind.

Ashley.

I just nodded and threw the things on the counter, keeping my head facing down.

Don't notice me please please please.

"Ooh, pregnant are we?" She snickers as she rings up my total. I just shrug and quickly slide over the money as she dumps everything into a white plastic bag. "Nice hair by the way. I know a girl with hair like that. Hers is blue but it's also extremely ugly. Like her."

I look up to glare at her and completely regret it when her eyebrows shoot up.

"No way! Cassie James?! Oh my god, the Luke Hemmings got you pregnant?!" I didn't even stay long enough to see her jaw drop. I grabbed my bag and sprinted out of their, hopping into my car and driving straight back to Jack's.

Shit shit shit, what am I gonna do? She's going to tell everybody!

I parked and ran inside, glad and surprised that I actually did have to pee. I threw the medicine at Jack, who had made progress to sitting up on the couch now, then locked myself in the bathroom. I did what I needed to and set the stick on the counter right before there was a knock on the door.

"Cass?"

"Luke uh... just a second!" My voice was shaking and i'm sure he could tell.

"Babe are you okay? Can I come in?" He asks quietly and caringly. I'm so lucky to have him, and just last night I almost lost him. It's so crazy to think of everything that has happened in the last 24 hours.

"I'm fine, just doing something." I mumbled and then furrowed my eyebrows. Really?

"Doing something?" He kind of giggles and I roll my eyes.

"Not like that you perv." I laugh at his childishness and I hear him giggle some more.

"Well can I please come in then? I've seen it all before," I hit the door as he laughs. I hate when he says that.

I guess us finding out at the same time will be better than me having to tell him. I unlocked the door and pulled him inside, shutting the door behind him.

"Woah," He eyebrows shoot up and his lovely lips form an O shape when he sees my hair.

"Yeah I know I'm sorry I-"

"You look fucking hot." He blurts, then turns a little red. Awh!

"Well thank you." I smirk and he grins back, embarrased.

"So what are you doing in h-"

He was quickly cut off by the beeping of the pregnancy test and both of our eyes shoot over toward it.

"Is that?" He asked without taking his eyes off of it.

"Uh huh."

"Oh...what does it say?"

"I don't know, you look first."

"No, you! You're the one that peed on it."

"Seriously Lucas?"

"Oh my god fine!" I grin in victory as he steps over to the counter with closed eyes, then quickly peaks down at the answer. The yes or no that could decide the rest of our lives.

"Luke?" He hasn't moved yet. "What does it say?"

Why isn't he moving? Or responding? Hell, is he even breathing anymore?

"Cassie..."

———————————

I'm awful ahahah

When you guys say "goals" and "queen" it makes me fucking love you hahah

€ass ×