30. Happy

I just turned 17.

How frustrating it is when all you are is utterly sad but all you want to be is incredibly happy. -Cassie Brenner

——————————————-

"Cassie..."

"What does it say?!"

"I'm sorry..." He's sorry? Sorry for what, impregnating me?

Then he started giggling.

"Why are you laughing?" I couldn't help but get a small smile on my face while looking at him. He's just so beautiful when he laughs and he's all mine.

"You got a defective test, nothing's showing up." He giggles.

I let a deep breath. What's weird is, in moments like those, people usually find out what they're hoping for, but I felt nothing. I don't know what I wanted to see pop up on that tiny screen, positive or negative.

"I got another one but...I don't have to pee anymore."

He giggles again like the little boy he is.

"Come here." He spreads his arms out towards me and I walk into his chest, wrapping my arms around his neck. After a few seconds he scoops my legs out from under me and I bubbled with laughter. Laughing feels so good after everything happening lately. As he walked towards the guest room he whispers in my ear, "I love hearing your happy."

I furrowed my eyebrows but couldn't lose my goofy smile that matched his.

"I love you Luke."

"I love you more than Michael loves his hair, and that's like a lot." I giggled at him.

"I love you more than Ashton loves taking selfies." Because, well, he does.

"I love you more than Calum loves the peace sign." He walks up to the bed.

"I love you more than you love yourself." I smirk and he looks at me jokingly offended, his mouth wide open and trying not to smile. I giggle at his face and he tosses me onto the bed, me erupting with loud laughter. He jumps on top of me and chuckles at me, both of our happy noises growing and rising until they're almost uncontrollable. I push him off and he rolls next to me, then I climb on top of him.

Our idiotic laughter gets interrupted by his brother throwing the door open and sprinting in, jumping right on top of me.

"I'm in a Hemmings sandwich!" This makes us all crack up and Luke pushes Jack off of us.

"Why are you guys so happy?" He lays on the other side of the bed next to us, stretching and setting his arms behind his head.

"Because we are." I giggled. We deserve to be. "Everybody deserves to be. Are you happy Jack?" I smile at him and he smiles back, shaking his head.

"You're weird, maybe you are perfect for Luke." Luke takes one of his arms that are wrapped around my back and punches Jack's arm, laughing. "But yes Cassie, I'm always happy. Isn't that the point of life really? To find your happy?"

I grin and nod.

"I like happy."

"I like you." Luke says, looking down at me on his chest with the corners of his talented lips curved up.

"Ew! Excuse me while I go barf some more." Jack gets up and runs out while we laugh at him.

Luke looks back down at me and is about to say something until his ringtone interrupts him. He reaches over to the nightstand and picks his phone up with me still on him. I try to roll off but he won't let me move as he answers.