3. Opportunity

21st February,2022.
Pune, India.
Meera's POV

Ahhh Puneeee!!!! My favorite city in the whole world!!! Epitome of Marathi culture and the Oxford of the East. Home!!
On our way to home I saw all the familiar places I've missed for the past 3 years!! Parvati, FC road, Tulshibaug!!!
My heart is so full reminiscing my college days I spent here.
I was home after 3 years and nothing can beat the feeling!!! I'll be a Punekar forever and ever!

At home I met Kaveri Maushi ( aunt), our house help. She worked at our house since I was a kid.
She was emotional on seeing me and ran her hand over my head,
"Kiti mothi zali ho Meera bai!! (You've grown up!)" She exclaimed.
I smiled and took her blessings.
Without asking, I was served ala ghatlela chaha ( tea with ginger).
Nothing beats this!! 3 years without this and I've never missed chai this much!!
It's true when they say that 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder'.
"Apratim Maushi!! Tumhala udand ayushya labho"( amazing, may you live a good life span).
Because of 'jet lag', in reality I was too lazy to do anything, I fell asleep immediately.

Devdutt's POV
It was 7 in the evening when the training ended. I was sweaty af and needed a shower desperately. Reaching home, I jumped into the shower directly.
I was sitting in my room when I saw Amma approach me with coffee.
"Dev, how was your day?"
"Productive yet equally tiring."
"Did you drink enough water? Did you eat?"
"Obviously Amma! I'm not a kid anymore!"
"What do you want for dinner today?"
"Anything would do. No such preferences."
"Dev.." She trailed and I knew something is coming my way.
"What?"
"Woh meri friend hai na Kanchan, woh bata rahi thi ki uske rishte me ek achhi ladki hai, Nisha. She's a journalist and good looking too, to ek baar consider kar sakte hai kya?"

I know where this leads to.
"Amma, I'm very young to get married! I don't want to marry yet, then be it Nisha or Harnaaz Sandhu!"
I had to make it clear that even if the girl was Miss Universe, I wouldn't marry because I still want to focus on my career.
"Jab time aayega main khud shaadi ke liye tayar ho jaunga. Agar mujhe koi ladki pasand aayi to main khud aap ko bataunga, par ab nahi".
I reassured her and she left the room.

Meera's POV
I woke up at 8 in the night. As I said, I've a neend ka vardaan. For dinner I had varan bhat and asked Aai to feed me because I'm still a kid,duh.

After dinner I decided to go for a ride on my scooter, thankfully it was in a movable condition because Baba used to occasionally check its functioning and servicing.
I was on the scooter when I heard my phone ring. I saw that it was a call from Rao sir( Rao Sir was a professor in my  college where I did my Bachelors).
Delighted,I picked up the call.

"Hello Rao Sir!!! It's been so long! How are you and how's Netra?"
Netra is my friend and Rao Sir's daughter.
"All good Meera, how are you?"
"I'm fine too, sir! I returned to India today only."
"Yes Netra told me about it and I called you to inform you about a fantastic job opportunity."

"I'm glad Sir! What is the job?"
"The IPL team Royal Challengers Bangalore is hiring physios for this season. The season is going to be hosted in Mumbai and Pune only. And who's better than the gold medallist Meera Joshi." He exclaimed.
"Kya Sir aap bhi!"

I was still trying to process what just happened. IPL team!!! This has been my dream since I was 16! RCB means Devdutt Padikkal and just the thought made me blush.
I told Rao Sir that I'd send my resume tomorrow morning itself and resumed my ride exploring Pune once again.
Nightlife is Pune felt so refreshing! Throughout the ride I was singing
Aaj mein upar, aasmaan niche
Aaj mein aage, jamana hai picche.

_________________________________________

Okay so Meera is a purna Marathi from heart and she loves chai.
Chai is called chaha in Marathi.
This author loves chai too, what about you guys?? Chai, coffee or none??